~16~

Cece

It's officially been a month since me and Alex started dating, and honestly, I'm on cloud nine.

She's so sweet, and affectionate, it makes me giddy. Especially with cuddles, my god she is the cuddle queen, any opportunity she has to pull me in her lap or lay in my bed with me she jumps on it, her strong, vice like grip keeping me trapped for hours.

Some might call it clingy, but I think it's adorable...besides, I feel really safe in her arms.

I've enjoyed going to her games a lot, I typically end up sitting with her dad's, sometimes both of them, and occasionally her younger siblings join us at the home games. And sometimes she'll sneak us into the gym after our practices to play a quick game of one-on-one, how she manages not to get caught is beyond me, but I have a lot of fun...though something tells me she's holding back a bit when we do play.

She spoils me a lot too, taking me out on a lot of dates and buying at least a little something each time, refusing to listen to me telling her that it was unnecessary or too expensive...but she's so stubborn.

But, that isn't really the most concerning thing I've noticed...in all the time I've been spending with her, I've begun to pick up on things that are a little...strange.

One...she sometimes growls. And I'm not talking about the cheap imitations some people do, but literal, realistic growls that make me question if there's a wild animal in the room. But when I started hearing it rumble from her chest, a reaction to some jerk hitting on me or being an ass about us dating, I couldn't deny that it was definitely Alex.

Two...her eyes. Sometimes I can see them glowing yellow, especially at night, like they're made of night-lights. Sometimes the pupils narrow into slits, and other times when she's angry, the gold turns black.

Then there's that bizarre strength, that unnatural speed and stealth, her heater like body temperature, and occasionally, I swear I've seen her flash long sharp canines...and don't get me started on her sensitive nose and keen hearing...sometimes I catch her sniffing me, mostly around my neck, and follow that with rubbing her cheek there...I mean, it's a little strange, but I kind of like it. It's like when cats rub against you to claim you...it's kind of cute.

And how could I forget the rumbling purrs I hear sometimes when we cuddle? I almost mistook them for snores, but she was wide awake...

Am I just imagining it? Have I gone crazy? Have I been reading to many books on supernatural creatures?

I groan, rolling over in my bed and burying my face into my pillow. It's too early in the morning to be thinking about this, it's making my brain hurt. But I can't help it, with how much time we spend together I'm almost always thinking about her...

I'm a love sick puppy...

Groaning again, I begrudgingly get out of bed, heading straight to my bathroom to do my usual morning routine as I grab my glasses off the nightstand. After I finish with that, I brush my hair into a low ponytail and head downstairs to get something for breakfast, fending for myself since for the first time in a while both of my moms got called into work on a Saturday morning. Apparently they were both emergencies...cause otherwise my moms wouldn't have gone in, since they try not to work weekends so we can have family time.

I quickly fix me a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon, as well as a blueberry bagel with cream cheese. After I fix my coffee I sit down at the dining room and scroll through Pinterest, looking for ideas for new creations as I eat.

Noticing the time is 8:47, I grin and shoot Alex a text, knowing despite her night owl habits she gets up around eight to exercise on the weekends. How she does it is beyond me, getting myself to do anything before 10:00 other than eat is next to impossible.