~17~

I'm so, so sorry my loves! All this Covid 19 mess has really thrown me off my groove, 🙃🙃🙃. I hope this makes up for it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alex

I swear my heart stopped for a second when those words left my lips, my breath trapped in my throat as I watch her reaction. It feels like time has stopped.

Oh Goddess help me, I think I'm gonna have a stroke.

I had been planning this practically since the day I met her, going over each detail in my head to make sure everything went perfectly. But it's all up to how Cece reacts now, and I'm honestly a little terrified...

There are so many 'what ifs' running through my head right now...

"You're...You're a what?" She replies at last, and I'm thankful to see that her expression is one of confusion and surprise rather than fear or disgust...at least for now. I inhale deeply.

"A werewolf." I answer, and I can't hide the nervousness in my voice.

She blinks a couple of times, dazed, and it suddenly occurs to me that her hating me, or being afraid of me isn't the only possibility. She could also not believe me, think I'm nuttier than a five pound fruitcake, then leave me because of that...

Shit.

"I know it sounds like bullshit, but I can prove it...I can shift into my wolf if you want."

Her shocked expression only intensifies, her eyes widening at my words.

"R-really?"

I nod, clinging onto the flicker of curiosity in her eyes for dear life.

"Okay..."

Taking a deep breath, I stand up and walk over to an empty spot, pulling off my jacket and kicking off my boots. I'm so caught up in my own nervous thoughts, I don't even realize what I'm doing until I start pulling off my shirt and hear Cece squeal in surprise.

"Wh-what are you doing?"

I glance over shoulder to see her covering her face with both hands, and from what I can see of her face she's blushing fiercely.

"Sorry baby, but I rather not shred these clothes when I shift into my wolf, they're some of my favorites." I explain, and she just squeaks again, making a clear effort to avoid eye contact with me at all costs. I would laugh and say she's free to look at all of me as much as she likes, but right now that's not important.

"My wolf form is much bigger than a normal wolf baby, so don't be afraid..." I murmur as I continue taking off the rest of my clothes, the familiar feeling of the lake breeze hitting my skin a little calming. I'm glad I chose this spot, at least none of my pack mates will bother us here, I specifically ordered them to keep their distance unless I said otherwise.

~Hurry up girl, no point in prolonging it.~ Roxy huffs impatiently, and I sigh, pulling myself through the familiar sensation of shifting into my wolf form, shaking out my fur as I adjust to the height change.

All right...now or never.

I turn around to see Cece is still facing away from me, her body tense as her trembling hands remain over her eyes. I walk towards her, making sure to make enough noise for her to not be startled...at least, not by my approach. I let out a soft bark to get her attention, and my heart pounds as she slowly turns around, the expression on her face one of absolute shock...