~14~

Celestine

Alex wasn't kidding when she said she was big on PDA.

I mean, I knew she liked cuddling, and kissing, and holding hands...but in public she's even more persistent.

Not that I mind...as embarrassed as I am, I really like it.

Especially when I sat on her lap during lunch, she refused to let go of her grip around my waist, not wanting me to escape, so I practically had to feed her the lunch I brought for us. She really loved the chicken salad sandwiches I made, which meant that when I told her brought a large container of it for her, she squeezed me even tighter, and I turned red when she said she loved me and kissed my neck...in front of everyone.

Everyone just snickered and shook their heads, while Di told me that Alex is a sucker for good food, and that if I keep feeding her like that she'd end up proposing to me before we graduate.

Which only made me more flustered.

I also noticed David and Aria eying each other with obvious interest, David looking absolutely smitten, while Aria looked bashful at the attention. Obviously they've got a thing for each other...which got me thinking:

Was it that obvious with me and Alex?

I bet it was, everyone's behavior, their comments and snickers, all of it making sense now. I was so oblivious...everyone else saw it but me. Even my moms did...

Oh well, I guess that doesn't matter now.

Anyway, we went through the rest of the school day like usual, besides Alex's affection on steroids. And during art class, we discussed what we wanted to do for our first date tonight.

After a little discussion, we decided on a restaurant, and Alex said the rest of it was a surprise. To just be ready at 6:30, and she'll pick me up.

I'm a little nervous.

So when she dropped me off after our practices, I immediately started getting ready. With my moms both out for work, I didn't really have anyone to discuss outfits with, so I spent the first thirty minutes going through my clothes and debating over it in my head.

The sound of my phone buzzing gets my attention, and I see that it's a text from Mama.

- What's this I heard about a date?

I blush, remembering the text I sent her earlier.

- Me and Alex are going on our first date, and I have no idea what to wear! Help!

- I can help. Where are you going?

- Outside of a Japanese restaurant for dinner, I'm not sure. She said the rest would be a surprise.

I wait anxiously as she starts typing again.

- How about that new skirt I bought you? The red button up one. And your favorite black boots with some tights?

I grin, liking the idea.

- And a black shirt?

- Definitely. You might want break out your black and white checkered shawl, it's going to be a little chilly tonight.

- That sounds perfect, thank you mama!

- You're welcome dear, have fun! And text me when you get home!

- I will!

I quickly pull out the outfit we discussed, then take a quick shower to wash off the sweat from practice before I change clothes. I decide to use the jewelry I was wearing earlier, and redo my makeup similar to how I had it before. Thankfully, I kept my hair from getting wet in the shower by keeping it in the ponytail, so I don't have to worry about restyling it.