~7~

Alex

Despite having a rough start this morning, I've been having a pretty damn good day.

I was already feeling a bit better when I reminded myself that I was giving Cece a ride today, and it only got better after I got to her house. The fact that she thoughtfully made me breakfast made me so damn happy, not just because I skipped eating so I wouldn't make us late, but because she made it for me...

I'm becoming a cheap date...but who the hell cares?

Not to forget what she's wearing today, all dressed up in that pretty red skirt. I don't know if it's just my ego talking, but ever since I told her my favorite color is red she's been wearing it more. Whether it's just a bracelet or a necklace pendant, or even her lipstick, to her skirt today.

Regardless of it being my ego or not, I love it, she looks so good in red...hell, who am I kidding? She looks good in everything.

Though, speaking of lipstick, that moment in the truck where I fixed hers came so damn close to me kissing her it's not even funny...not to forget when I caught her in the school parking lot...

It's getting harder to restrain myself, but I have to. She may be my mate, but that doesn't mean I can act on it...she doesn't know anything about a mate bond, hell I don't even know if she likes me like that.

Patience Alex, patience.

Sighing, I look around the hallway, trying to find Cece. We're supposed to be heading to lunch right now, but she had to run to the bathroom for a minute, telling me to wait and she'd be right out. I've been standing here holding our lunch bags for about six or seven minutes now...and I'm honestly getting a bit concerned. I don't want to be a creep and check on her in the bathroom, but my wolf's instincts are flaring up and telling me to check on my mate...

After two more minutes, that's exactly what I do.

I follow my mate's scent, and it doesn't take me long to find her just outside the bathroom. Just as I feel relieved, I notice the predicament she's in...backed into a corner with two or three human boys towering over her...the look on her face pleading for help.

Oh hell fucking no!

Growling under my breath, I quickly move towards them.

"Oh come on sweetheart, we just want you to have lunch with us." The one in front says, and I recognize him and his buddies as players on the football team.

"N-no thank you...I'm already eating with someone else..." Cece replies, looking for an escape route.

"Just for today? I'm sure they'll understand..." He continues, and I can barely contain my growl as he leans in closer to her, making her hit the wall behind her.

Oh fuck no, no one puts my babygirl into a corner!

"No I fucking won't." I snarl, slamming my hand against the locker between him and Cece, making everyone else jump in surprise. I place myself in front of my mate, blocking her from his view.

"What part of 'No' don't you asshats understand?" I snarl again, glaring at him with my most potent Alpha expression. I'm so pissed I can feel myself shaking, Roxy is just under the surface, I'll shift right here if I'm not careful.