Seeing Red

Barry paces across the cortex, waiting impatiently for Joe to return with info on the Vipers. Oliver tried to intervene with his nervous walking but Barry only pushed him away.

The news was all still very fresh to him. It was hard to handle— and quite frankly, he couldn't handle it. He thought that he had only been collateral damage in some senseless gang violence. But he was targeted, sought after. It only enriched the preexisting anger that had been sitting inside Barry for months.

He had this burning, this itching to do something about it. It was making him restless. He was fully willing and committed to doing something rash, no matter the cost. He knew that he had to singlehandedly take down the Vipers and the fight began now. He needed something to take that first step.

"Just got off of the phone with Singh," Joe begins, phone in hand. "He said that most they know about the Vipers is that they're ran by a Philip Hernandez."

Oliver slides into the computer chair and begins a search algorithm under his name. He specifically searches for a possible mugshot, previous crimes, and any known associates. Everyone in the room gives him odd stares. "What?"

"Nothing," Iris shrugs her shoulders. "Just never thought you'd know how to do that."

Oliver rolls his eyes. "I did the whole vigilante thing for a while without Felicity. I can work a computer."

"Well?" Barry asks with annoyance. "What did you find?"

Oliver sighs. "Previously cited for assault, possession of drugs, and illegal weapon sales. Released on bail."

"Any way of finding him or finding out where he is?" Iris asks as she moves to stand behind Oliver to read what was on the screen.

"We have the guy who shot our other CSI in custody now," Joe responds. "I can head back to the precinct and get some answers."

Iris looks at Joe before pointing her thumb towards Oliver. "Or we could just get him to do it?" Oliver turns around in his chair and looks at Joe and shrugs his shoulders.

"Absolutely not." Joe responds with adamancy.

"I'll do it." Barry cuts in. "Let me do it."

"I don't think that's such a great idea," Oliver advises. "You're too emotional right now."

"I've questioned people before, Ollie." He places a hand on Oliver's shoulder and smiles assuringly. "I'll be fine." He races out before anyone can protest, causing an immediate panic throughout the room.
Barry wasn't going to take no for an answer, so he simply didn't allow anyone an opportunity to stop him.

"He took his suit," Iris says worriedly. She immediately leans down towards the computer to pull up the tracking system in Barry's suit. They watch as the dot that signals Barry's location is no longer going towards the precinct but away from it.

"He's not questioning him as a CSI-" Oliver says in a panic, immediately getting up out of his seat and running towards the case where his suit was stored.

Joe points to Oliver and speaks with a sharp and urgent tone. "You better get to him before he does something stupid."

Seeing how Barry was before speeding out of here to grab the man out of custody, Oliver had very little hope that Barry had yet to do something he would long regret.