Another Day

April 12, 1912

The next day, the I Team woke up happily in their stateroom after having a great fun and experience at the Titanic. They were eating pancakes, cereals, and sandwiches for breakfast. After that and changing of clothes, they all went outside, and started to have fun, but not as what they did yesterday. Today, they'll have a different routine. The team wanted to be unpredictable, so they'll make some changes during their stay on Titanic, and while waiting for the day of the collision.

While her friends were having fun, Aggie went the Reception room at D-Deck to have a little brunch of her own, but she wants to be alone to avoid the First Class people and their criticisms. A waiter of her a glass of Champaign, but she refused as she wanted just water. Just then, not so far from her table, she saw Captain Smith and Ismay talking to each other.

Excitingly, she left her table, and approached the two men at their table, "Excuse me, gentlemen, is this seat taken?"

"As a matter of fact..." Before Ismay can finish, Smith pulled a chair for Aggie for her to seat.

"Not at all. Please, seat down," he said as Aggie happily sat down.

"Captain, you can't be serious. She's a passenger," Ismay argued.

"She's good one, Mr. Ismay. It's good to have a passenger who was interested about the Titanic," Smith defended Aggie, "So, as you were saying?"

"Right," Ismay then continued there conversation right before Aggie joined in, "So you've not yet lit the last four boilers?"

"No, I don't see the need," answered Smith, "We are making excellent time."

"The press knows the size of Titanic. Now I want them to marvel at her speed. We must give them something new to print," Ismay sighed impatiently, "This maiden voyage of Titanic must make headlines."

"Mr. Ismay, I would prefer not to push the engines until they've been properly run in," the captain protested.

"He got a point, Mr. Ismay," Aggie interrupted, joining the conversation, "It'll be risky if we increased the speed of the largest ship in the world. We have to be careful."

But Ismay was irritated by the Smith and Aggie's protest as he said back to the captain, "Of course I'm just a passenger. I leave it to your good offices to decide what's best. But what a glorious end to your final crossing if we were to get into New York on Tuesday night and surprise them all. Make the morning papers. Retire with a bang, eh, E.J.?"

Captain Smith nodded stiffy.

"Good man," Ismay then turned to Aggie with an icy glare, "And you, you have no idea what I've been planning for this ship. I know what I'm doing for the sake of Titanic and White star Line!"

"I was only concern for this ship, and the people. When it said that this ship is unsinkable, it doesn't mean it has to be," Aggie fought back, "What if something might happened that we never know if you continue doing this? I don't think of your suggestion of increasing the speed, and believing this ship is unsinkable is a good idea. And I'm not talking about the fame of this ship or yours, I'm talking the safety of these people. For their sake, their innocence, their family, their lives! And if you kept thinking about creating headlines about Titanic, especially bad headlines, you're going to be blamed for that."

Ismay then leaned a little closer to Aggie, and flared at her quietly, "Listen, I don't know who you are, what you are, or where you came from, because I don't care, but you don't have the right to tell me what will happen if my suggestion will be used. You're just a passenger like me and the rest of us. And you know what passengers do? Leave the sailing to the professionals. So, stay out of it. And don't mess up with my plans," that's all Ismay has to say before silently excusing himself from the table, and Aggie only watched him angrily as he walked away.