The Bar

Everything is a blur once more I can't see clearly while running down that alleyway I let out shaky heavy breaths I see a deep puddle a head of me. Thank god! I run towards it and crash into the ground washing the blood from my hands and face. my reflection appears through the rippling water beneath me.
All I could see is a scared young girl and not the feared assassin everyone perceives me to be. I take a good long look at myself. I really take a look. Who am I? Who am I really? Will I ever know?

My brown waves dangle past my shoulders close to dipping in the puddle. I look like I'm about to cry as my large blue orbs widen as I gaze at my own eyes through the reflection those ocean eyes I'm unable to read myself.  There is sadness in them and desperation but I don't know why or how. In frustration I slam my hand into the puddle splashing the water everywhere hiding my face.

I stumble forward taking off once more almost tripping up as I run. I was hyperventilating. My eyes focus on the opening from the alleyway ahead of me. A weakening sensation strikes through my legs causing me to stumble right into the wall I slam into it cling my hands to the bricks. The streets of New York were rather quiet and peaceful. Tears slide down my cheeks. This again really? I don't understand why this keeps happening to me.
I quickly wipe them from my face. Get it together Etta! Snap out of it! I shake it off and walk down the path I wonder where I could stay tonight? I have no home and no money anymore not enough to stay in the hotel again.

I only have enough for something small like a drink. I need it after this shit. Especially now more than ever if I was being honest I wasn't sure if I was going to survive the night. My thoughts are interrupted by a group of people passing by. A group of friends. I tense up while grasping the wall hoping they don't see me. When I think about it I've never had friends before.. some hold hands and laugh together. It makes me feel jealous in a way they've spent a free life to do whatever they want without any worry or stress just happiness It leaves a horrible feeling in my stomach. What I would give to experience an hour of what those people have had their entire life.

Bright lights flash from the corner of my eye. Distracting the previous depressing thoughts. I see a small building in the corner which looks quite appealing to me. It has bright red lights shaped into words which spells out...
"Benny's Bar" I read out loud from the shadows , well isn't that convenient?

Rustling through my annoying wet pockets I'm able to find some change as well as an old train ticket and a small red sweet wrapper. looking at the change in my wet palm I realise it's certainly enough for a few drinks anyway.
"Ugh Etta your an idiot" I whisper to myself taking off towards the bar anyways.
The building becomes bigger the closer I get as two large double doors tower over me. They have the benny bar signs on the glass.

I grab the heavy handle and push it open with a simple creak allowing myself to enter. The atmosphere is a calmer one as soon as I step inside. The heat feels amazing I can hear the sound of distant laughes and conversations a head of me. That's when I realise the mess I'm in. My clothes were luckily no longer drenched they were damp. It would be very uncomfortable but better than nothing.

The main bar is ahead of me down a small Corridor. I squeeze my hair making sure no more water dripped from it and made my way down the corridor as the voices became louder the closer I got.
Stepping in the main bar I notice the people laughing together and talking amongst themselves at each table with their drinks and snacks then there is me.

They're all dressed very nice and classy and
I awkwardly stand with wet tangled brown hair. In dark wet filthy clothes. Some stare with judgemental eyes , others are two drunk or too occupied in conversation to even notice me. Looking around the dark Cyan bar The Barman stands on the right he polishes his glasses and keeps to himself. I approach the barman and sit on the high black stool across from him.