Blue eyes

Nadia's lifeless blue eyes stare at the ceiling

Nadia's lifeless blue eyes stare at the ceiling. John attacks the men who go for him. He shoots them all easily. Effortlessly. Lorenzo charges at John but I know if John could take on an entire club on his own he can take Lorenzo.
Lorenzo suddenly stops on his tracks and looks over his thick shoulder at me and sighs to himself. He suddenly runs to me and whips out a dagger freeing me from the tight ropes freeing me from the uncomfortable wooden seat.
"Why did you do that?" I ask him
"You know why princess. If your going to get out of here go!"

I dive up and grab Nadia's gun and start firing bullets at the men attacking John. Taking them all out one by one. John appears by my side and wraps his arm around my waist taking me by surprise. I grasp onto his shoulder. He suddenly swings me like a weapon making my legs smack into one of the attackers knocking them to the ground.
He puts me down but continues to have his arm around my waist.
I turn and stab my next attacker who tries to get me from behind.

"What took you so long?" I ask with a smile on my lips

"Oh I'm sorry I was kind of busy" he sarcastically answers shooting a man behind him while still looking down at me. The look in his eyes is strange the way he looks at me makes me feel nervous. Blood fills my cheeks but I brush it off by taking Nadia's bag which is near her lifeless body.
"we don't have time for this quick we gotta go!" John yells suddenly grasping my hand and dragging us out of the room avoiding gun shot the whole way.

Having John grasp my hand brings me ease as we run out of the building stepping into the main club I notice everyone is dead. Every single person. The Baba Yaga striked! We burst out the door and into the streets of New York. Police would arrive on the scene at any moment unless Winston saved our asses.
John runs to his car and pulls me along with him not once letting me go. He clings to me like a lifeline.
He throws the car door open.
"Get in!" He demands. I quickly get in and he shuts the door.
He gets in at the other side and instantly takes off.

"Are you hurt?" He asks while keeping his eyes to the front.
"I'm fine. Are you hurt?" I ask him
"I'll be fine" he says
"What do you mean you'll be fine?"
"It's nothing" he says keeping his eyes on the road.
"John"
He sighs blinking a few times.
"They shot my stomach but I'm fine" he casually says like it's no problem at all
"Are you going to be okay??" I ask
"Yeah I'll be fine all that matters is getting out of this hell hole we must reach the Continental immediately"
I nod in agreement. If he's been shot that can't be good.

I can't help but worry. A strange part of me panics for him.
We reach the Continental finally to see thousands of cars parked outside.
We stay their for a few moments silently in the car. I don't know why but neither of us leave nor speak. I turn and meet his eyes our eyes lock onto each other for a very long time. I want to look away but i can't.
"I thought they got you" he softly whispers
"They would have if not for you. Thank you"

Their is a strange tension in the air again but this time it's enough to set me on fire. He stares too long which makes me want to hide away but I don't. His eyes linger on my lips quickly but I notice he leans forward slightly i should back away but I don't. I want him to get even closer. He moves closer and so do I until our lips are inches apart from each other's. My heart pounds it rings through my ears and this time my mind becomes a daze and butterflies tingle in my stomach. I can't breathe.

A knock interrupts us causing us both to jump up to see Charon standing by the window.
"Shit" John blurts out while leaning over me and putting the window down.
"Mr wick. Etta. You are both needed inside immediately" Charon says
Me and John look at each other and then both step outside in the pouring rain and cold running toward the Continental. The workers open the doors for us.

As we get inside the hotel is packed with many many many people as if a gathering is going on. Their are so many face in the ground some covered in piercings and tattoos others look very posh and sophisticated.
"What's happening?" I ask Charon who stands in between me and John.
"Winston has called for back up. Now We wage war."
A meeting is held that night. Winston plans to start a war with the red Siege. We all must rest before preparing to defend the high table tomorrow.
"It is time Brothers and sisters we deal with this red Siege problem once and for all. They have stepped foot inside the Continental grounds with the intention to kill and succeeded they have invaded our country and hide among us. Tomorrow we raid and win. We cannot allow this to continue it is time we fight back" Winston proudly announces to the crowd who applauds.
After the meeting is over I notice John speaking to a woman that's when I realise he almost kissed me. I almost kissed him and the weird thing is I wanted him to. I still do.
I don't understand what this is I'm feeling but my heart constantly flips when I think of him now and my stomach tingles terribly.

The feelings scare me. I decide to take off to my room and contemplate my feelings and what they mean.
"Etta!" His voice calls out in the distance I close my eyes and ignore the growing feelings and continue to walk as if I can't hear him.
"Mr wick your wounds you should really get them checked out immediately we are going to need you for the fight" a voice says
Relief overcomes me in that moment as I make my way to my room.
I'm at war. It's time to stay focused so much has happened and I'm unsure if I am ready to contemplate it all.