The Red Siege.

It's been 4 hours since they locked me in this hotel room. I lean against the door and sink to the floor. I'm so hungry I can't remember when the last time I ate was.
Will they let me out anytime soon? Probably not considering they think I'm their enemy.
I've looked through every book in this room twice trying occupy myself.
The first one was about different countries another was about NASA and the rest were cooking books. I'm wanderer being trapped in the same place for a long amount of time is frustrating.

A loud knock fills the room causing me to jump up. I look over my shoulder realising someone is knocking my door.
"Who is it?" I ask trying to act as casual as possible like I'm happy and comfortable in my prison.
"It's me John." John's deep voice calls through the door.
"Why are you here?" I ask standing up and placing my hand on the brown wooden door.
"Winston wants to speak with you" John says through the door I see the handle begin to move.
"WAIT! WAIT!" I call out pushing my entire body weight against the door

"Don't try with any games it won't work" John warns
"No! No! I'm only in a robe!" I answer there is a pause and he keeps quiet.
"get changed" he demands
I run to drawer and pull out a pair of high waisted jeans and a long sleeved navy top and quickly throw them on. My brown waves bounces nicely over my shoulders. The top gave me a nice shapely figure.

Within a few minutes I stand in front of the door and clear my throat
"I'm ready now" I call out through the door
The door opens and I come face to face with John. Not really face to face since he's a lot taller than me. His eyes linger down my body for a few seconds but he quickly snaps them back up to me before I can question it.
"Let's go" he simply says turning and heading down the corridor.
I awkwardly follow on looking at the body guards staring me down. I run down the corridor catching up to John he turns his head alarmed.
"Don't worry I'm not gonna attack you" I reassure him
He doesn't respond.
"I take it your a man of a few words" I ask
"Yeah and especially to you" he answers brutally

"Well I can be fun to talk to" I says trying to keep up with his pace
"What when your not trying to put a bullet through my brain?" He asks
"You know it was in self defence you were trying to kidnap me and succeeded so i fought back rightfully so"
"I'll give you that one but that doesn't mean we get to play friends" he says
"Fair enough" I respond.
We head out through a patio door and into fancy gardens. With many white tables and fancy people eating and chatting as my and John walk though them.

Winston sits at a table and spots us he raises a glass at us and smirks.
"Why is it that every time I've seen him he seems to always have a glass of some kind of alcohol in his hand?" I ask
"When you live a life of luxury like Winston you are free to drink as much as you want" John sighs
He places his hand on my back pushing me forward it strangely sends a tingling sensation through me although I ignore it approach Winston.

"You wanted to see me?" I ask him he nods and indicates for me to take a seat
"Please sit we have much to discuss my dear" he says I pause awkwardly turning to look at John then pull the chair out across from Winston and sit down.
John nods and disappears leaving me alone with the Continental owner.
"I'm assuming you are hungry?" He asks me
I nod
"Yes very" I say in a respectful voice
Winston nods then looks over his shoulder two waiters appear putting down a plate in front of me and another in front of Winston.

It's a steak , mash potatoes and gravy with a side vegetables. It looks delicious I feel my mouth watering just looking at it. I want to dig in but something stops me.
I look up at him uneasily. He chuckles as he eats his food.
"You have nothing to worry about if your assuming I'm trying to poison you. Murder is not allowed on Continental grounds" he says I pause and finally give in and take a spoon full of potato and shovel it in. It's tastes  like heaven in my mouth.
"Thank you" I say in appreciation
"You had to be fed. The only reason you are alive and being taken care of right now is because the high table want you alive" he says
"Why?" I ask him
"Because you could benefit them greatly" he answers
"Listen I don't want any trouble all I want to do is be free from all this" I say flicking my hands indicating to everything around us.
————————————————————
John stands outside of the gardens. His eyes fixate on Etta constantly but he isn't sure why. When he saw her this morning she had surprised him with the transformation of a shower , dry hair and a nice change of clothes. She was beautiful yes he couldn't deny that. Very beautiful at that. He's seen many beautiful woman though so her appearance isn't what grabbed his attention. He isn't sure what it was if he was being honest she just did.

He feels a presence beside him he doesn't need to look to know who is standing there.
"Hello John" a man in a Italian accent says beside him. John looks over to see the dark haired man. He had olive skin and eyrie dark eyes and thick eyebrows. John instantly knew who the man was and mentally sighed.
"Santino, what are you doing here?" He simply answers

Santino looks around then nudges closer to John.
"I heard the Red Siege bitch was in this very building I'm here to help contain her and make sure the scum doesn't escape" he simply says in his Italian accent. John looks down at Santino since he is taller than the Italian assassin.
"There's no need to call her a bitch" He snaps defensively causing Santino to lift his brow
"Why? Do you care for her or something?" He asks John swivels his head around as his eyes snap open at Santino's words.
"Ofcourse not!" He snaps
"Hmmm....soon time will tell." He quietly answers.

John pauses thinking over Santino's words yeh thought of him caring for this disturbed anti social yet beautiful woman? No he didn't he felt pity that was all. Yet the weird feeling in his stomach didn't feel like Pity. If he was being true to himself he wasn't sure what it was.

Santino looks over his shoulder suddenly feeling a strange feeling. His eyes widen in utter disbelief and fear. Outside a mob of people surround the hotel wearing black armour , helmets and guns.
"What in the world...." he says approaching the window to get a closer look.
"What is it?" John asks following on from behind him. When John also notices the commotion outside he breathes one word.

"дерьмо"
(Shit)
——————————————————-
Winston asks me a question about my upbringing but before I can respond John runs back in causing both of us to turn our heads in his direction he looks very distressed.
"Winston! We have Assassins attacking the Continental!" He yells
Winston swings his head around to me instantly suspecting me.
"I'm not involved I promise!" I yell putting my hands to the front where he can see them. he shakes his head and stands up
"Keep her contained" he demands pointing at me. two men grab my arms
"Winston let me help!" I beg fighting against them.

He pauses and turns to me.
"like I trust you!"
"Oh please how dumb do you think I am? If I was working for them do you think I'd really be stupid enough to do that!" I yell
"Take her to her room" Winston demands like he's my father.
I close my eyes and sigh. Fuck it. Here goes nothing I'm probably going to regret this.
"I'M THE BLUE DEMOM!" I yell causing a new tension to fill the air.
He snaps his head around staring at me with bewildered blue eyes
"impossible your lying" he stutters after a few moments of silence.
I shake my head
"I'm not and I can prove it!"

"Sir! The red Siege have gotten into the Continental." One of Winston's men says
He pulls out a phone. He types in a few codes and numbers before flipping it over and shoving it into his pocket.
"The Continental has been deconsecrated" he says to us. John's eyes lock onto mine as we both stand around Winston.
"Prepare to attack and keep her contained" he demands

John nods meeting my eyes once more before taking off out of the gardens.
All his soldiers go with him. More arms grab me trying to drag me out of sight.

Winston stares at the glass window
"Parabellum"

'Prepare
               for
                        WAR'