Lost in the fire

I had left without saying goodbye to anyone it would be too hard. Especially to John because it would be too hard but I had to finish this. I had to stop them before they can bring back a huge army which could be the end of New York itself.
"Etta!" Johns voice calls out from behind me

I have to go now!" I call out forcing my eyes to the front. I know he's following me and it makes my heart thud dangerously. Considering he can easily catch up due to my injury.
"Etta! It's too dangerous especially now Nadia is dead!" He calls out
"I know but it's time I finish what I stared!"
"At least let me come with you!" He says I feel his large firm hand cling onto my arm. The thought of him coming worries me so much I can't let anything happen to him. I just can't.

"No!" I yell swivelling around meeting his eyes. He steps back slightly and raises his eyebrow as if he's trying to figure something out.
"Why?" He asks softly that one question confirms everything. How much I care about him.
"I'm not bringing you down with me." I simply say to him he places his hands on both my shoulders sending tingles through my body. It makes me feel so nervous that I'm unable to look at him.
"Etta if you think I'm letting you go alone your mistaken..." he whispers

I keep my eyes to the ground feeling my body twitch slightly. I feel his hand graze against my cheek sending shivers through my spine.
"Etta look at me"
My stomach fills with butterflies I force myself to look into his deep dark orbs as blood fills my cheeks.
His eyes search mine as mine searches his. I feel his breath on my lips as everything goes numb.
"Why?" I softly ask but he doesn't respond frustrating the hell out of me
"WHY!" I yelp again trying to tug away from his grasp.
He yanks me back aggressively. his lips slam into mine before I can stop them. My body goes into shock as I feel my stomach melting. The feeling of his lips pressed against mine are intoxicating, His lips are so ruff yet so soft against mine. He holds me close to him pressing my chest against his so I can't escape.

Surprise and shock goes through me but I suddenly find myself craving his touch like a drug. The feeling of his lips against mine. I run my hands through his soft hair and trail my hand down along his neck. I move my lips with his , wrapping my arms around his neck pulling him closer as his hands stay firmly placed on my back. The kiss suddenly becomes hot and ruff as our hands roam over each other's bodies like a lifeline releasing all the fire within us.
Our lips peel apart as his forehead leans against mine as I hear his soft pants.

"I want for more than anything for you to be with me but I have to do this alone. I'll be back" I whisper
He doesn't say anything but keeps his eyes on me.
"I'll wait for you"