Nightmare x Nightmare Fredbear (Part 2)

Yeah I'm back. How's life? That's rhetorical. It's probably pretty good. But now I'm back to ruin your mind's eyes.

I stood in front of the door that seemed to tower over me. I felt weak, helpless even. I deserved every insult and curse that was going to come out of Mare's mouth as soon as he opened the door.

It was too late to turn back now though. Seriously, it was 8:00 at night and pouring rain now. I would get hypothermia if I walked all the way back home now.

I sucked in a breath before lifting my hand up to the door. I was scared of knocking the door. I was scared of Mare's reaction. I was scared he would kick me to the curb. I shook my head clear of the thoughts before gaining the small amount of courage for me too knock on the door.

Knock

Knock

Knock

Silence. There was nothing to be heard beyond the door. Of course, Mare was probably sleeping his worries away. I remembered that he had a spare key somewhere on the door.

I reached up to the top of the door feeling around until I found an object. I pulled the object down to see it was a brass key. I held it in my hands before placing it in the lock to the door. I then twisted it hearing a click from the door.

I placed my hand on the handle before twisting it and pushing the door open to be met with a slightly lit hallway. The hallway split into two different rooms. One way went to the dining room and kitchen and the other way led to the stairs, restroom, and living room.

I began walking towards the end of the hallway to see a light still on in the main room. Mare never left his lights on. He hated using too much power.

I walked towards the room to hear breathing and small sobs. I couldn't see anything though. I could only see the back of the dark blue couch and the front of the turned off TV.

But I could hear words coming from the couch. I could hear tiny broken breaths from it. A couch couldn't do either of those things though, which only meant someone was on the couch making those noises.

I took a small step towards the couch. Maybe I should just leave them alone. No, they probably need help. I took another step. I began my way tiptoeing across the floor to the couch.

Eventually, what I heard was clear. I could see Mare laying on the couch curled up in a ball. He had a brown blanket over him with a brown pillow under his head. His head was facing towards the TV screen with tears streaming down his face.

"Mare," The word escaped my lips. I couldn't stop now, "Are you alright?" He looked up at me in disbelief as if I wasn't really there. His eyes were bloodshot. His nose and cheeks were red for crying for so long.

"A-Am I a-alri-ght?" He asked in doubt of what I had said. "You le-ft me here a-after what we did and yo-u expect me to be 'alr-ight' when you ge-t back?!?" He shouted at me. I stepped back at his sudden anger looking down at the same time, ashamed of what I had done.

"I..." I felt lost for words. I couldn't say anything that would help him nor me with what I had done.

"Look, I just... I want you to know that I care about you and when you left you... you scared me." Mare said as he pulled the blanket off of him.

"No."

"No?" Mare asked confused.

"No, you're not the one who should be feeling sorry. I'm the one that fucked up. I'm the one that up and left because they were scared of what was happening. I-"

I was interrupted by Mare's lips suddenly against mine. All I could feel was bewilderment before melting into the kiss. My hands found their way to Mare's shoulders as his arms snaked around my body.

After a while Mare disconnected our lips. He rested his forehead against my own before my eyes fluttered open.

"Mare... I..." I was speechless. There was no word to describe the bliss of Mare kissing me. Mare held a finger to my lips.

"You don't have to explain yourself nor feel guilty about anything that happened. It's a little thing called forgiving and forgetting." Mare told me before taking his finger away the peck my lips once more. I could only smile in response.

"You look cold. How long where you outside?" Mare asked me with clear worry.

"About an hour or two." I responded before Mare pulled me into his warm chest. I made a small grunting sound at the sudden force.

"How are you not freezing?" Mare asked me in disbelief. I had to move my head to look up at him to talk and not be muffled by the black flannel he had on.

"I don't know." I told him. He shook his head at me before taking my hands off of him and walking towards a closet. I sat on the arm of the couch waiting for whatever he was about to do.

Mare pulled out a dark yellow blanket and came back over to me. He draped the blanket over my shoulders before kissing me on the cheek.

"Mare, why did you give me a blanket?" I asked him. He rolled his eyes at me before standing me up and walking me to the couch.

"Because you feel cold to the touch." Mare told me before sitting on the couch. He pulled me down with him though, making me fall on his lap. He chuckled lightly as I looked up at him.

"Asshole." I breathed out.

"You know you love me."

"Eh, more or less."