12.

12.

"Everly, darling, please just come home." [Dana pleads, tears are running down her cheeks]. "We all miss you. Rosie and I. We miss you."

[takes a deep breath and wipes tissue under eyes]

"Don't run off with that criminal. He killed your brother. How could you do this to us?"

[newscaster puts microphone up to his lips]. "Is there something you would like to say to Harry Styles?"

[Dana takes microphone]. "We will find you. You managed to slip through our fingers the first time but not this time. Watch your back. Hell is empty, the demons are among us."

-News Team 6, aired August 8th, 2016

_______________________________________________

e v e r l y

"Leave me alone." She spoke, her voice straining to keep level as tears build up in her throat. There was a knot right between her vocal chords, planted and not budging no matter how hard she swallows. "Please Josh, just stop."

But his hand remained on her waist, slowly moving down towards the place between her thighs. He leaned closer to her face and stared at her trembling lips she bit to keep still. He smelled of aftershave and a unseen bruises and his hair was greasy, like he hadn't showered in a week. "But you're so fuckin' sexy, Green." He laughed through his nose and Everly cringed as his rancid breath blew into her face.

"Get the fuck off of me!" She screamed as his hand cupped the highly sensitive body part covered by the zipper of her jeans. Tears welled up and fell down her already anger-filled cheeks. "You're a pig!" Shaking hands pushed against Josh's built chest with all her might, but ultimately only sent him back a step. "I am going to report you as soon as I get home, you bastard." Her words were venom and they seeped into his skin, turning his eyes a darker shade of blue and his fists white with strain as they clench.

Josh gets so close to Everly's face that she can see the remnants of old scars on his forehead, his cheeks, his chin. "You report me, and I will make sure that boyfriend of yours doesn't see next week."

Her mind reels as she thinks back to a few days ago in the hallway, where a boy with a mess of familiar dark curls and a thing for yellow gummybears was making out with a girl who smelled like Austin's cologne, Greg's aftershave and Mike's shampoo whilst Josh looked on. A pang of jealousy lit up in her chest as she pictured Courtney's tongue massaging Harry's. Making him moan. Him pushing her up against a wall-

"Harry's not my boyfriend." She spit. "You saw him kiss Courtney Crouse just last week, dumbfuck."

Josh's smile sent a chill down her back as he pushes her up against the bark of the tree. The pair was stationed in the back of the school, right next to the footy fields were Josh should be practicing. But as he was warming up, he saw the small Italian girl with sad eyes and feisty temper walking home and intercepted her. Cars passed and Everly knew for a fact that most of them knew what was going on here wasn't good but no one cares.

No one cares about the foster kids.

No one cares about the immigrants.

No one cares about Everly besides a boy named Ethan who is all muttered French curse words and too small batman boxers that are now in the rubbish bin.

"You're not dating?" His eyebrows raise. "Then how come he is storming towards me right now?"

As Everly's head turned, Josh's hand left her thigh and he began to jog back towards the practice field, waving to Harry with a smirk on his despicable face.