29.

just as a quick warning, this one is going to be a bit confusing.

also, btw, we only have a few chapter's left. comment, please? 

but i have a couple other stories if you wanna, you know, check them out... *wink, wink*

much love,

el xx

29.

“I can recall the time I woke up alone- when you were simply another girl in the halls at school. But then you slapped me [remember that?] and I knew that you were so much different than another girl in the halls. You are so beautiful. And I don’t know how I left you, but I did, and I’ll be back soon.

I love you.”

-Autobiography of Harry Styles [read October 2nd, 2016].

_________________________________

“ARE you going to stay?”

She’s been asking the same question over and over again but he just keeps staring at that little plus sign. That little, pink plus sign that signifies so much more than a mistake.

It signifies 18 years of commitment.

It signifies the end of late nights and hungover mornings.

It signifies the next step.

Marriage.

Babies.

Ballet recitals and football games and family get-togethers where all your aunt can say is ‘where’s her ring?’

“Harry?”

Her arms wrap around him from behind and he feels her head nestling into the place between his shoulder blades. They protrude from the soft cotton of his t-shirt and she savours in the feeling of him inhaling and exhaling, because it means that he isn’t completely lost on her. Everly breathes slowly and takes in his smell of abuse and a hint of depression, but mostly anxiousness. He’s anxious. Not mad. Just anxious. “Harry, baby.”

He snaps out of his thoughts just long enough to put his hand on top of hers that rests on his torso, rubbing the rough skin on the back of her palm.

“Evie, can we go to sleep?”

“What?”

“I want to go to sleep.” In seconds, the stick hits the floor with a soft thud and Harry moves over to the bed, burying himself in the blankets and beckoning her towards him, his strong arms open and waiting. “C’mere.”

“We need to talk about this.”

“About what?”

“Harry.”

“Just come here, yeah?”

“Harry.”

The anxious boy rubs his eyes tiredly and sits up. “I don’t want to be a dad. I don’t really like kids, save for Nicolas. I want to leave Oakwood with you in the morning but first, I want to sleep. So can we please just sleep?”

They sleep.

Everything is packed and Everly is crying.

The car is running and Everly is crying.

The note of explanation is on both Harry’s counter and Everly’s front door and she’s crying.