16.

you better love me.

i updated earlier cause like you fucking blew up the comments and i just had to, ok?

so maybe, if you blow up the comments again, you can get another early update [hint, hint]

this one is really cute. get some popcorn.

also, everything in italics [besides the news article] is in everly's mind.

love from

el x

16.

“Everly,

I love you more than that boy ever could. Come back home now and I promise I’ll help you take care of the baby. He can’t support you, but I can. Imagine having your little girl grow up in a family that is on the run from the police. Imagine having to live under fake names and appearances just to let her go to school.

Come home.

Dana and Rosie.”

[a/n are the letters annoying? would you rather go back to news articles?]

__________________________________________

e v e r l y

‘“You love that hodge-podge of people you call a family? If you don’t join us, the next time you see them will be at their funerals.”

And there was Everly’s sobs. And Harry wants to open his eyes but they just won’t oblige.

“Please, I’m telling the truth.”

“Join us.”

“Join us.”

“Join us.”

“Join us.”

“Stop it!” She screams, bolting upright from her slumber and clutching at the sheets surrounding her body and crowding her waist. “Stop! No, No, please!” Her cries ripped from her throat and she spit them out to get the last of the vile words from between her teeth. Everly’s mind was still clouded with sleep but her body was fully awake and shaking; shaking so violently that the tips of her fingers trembled in time with the rest of her frame. Tears spilled down her flushed cheeks as she took a handful of her white sheets and screamed into them. The soreness of her vocal chords wasn’t enough- the migraine building in her head wasn’t enough- the cracking of her heart wasn’t enough- nothing was fucking enough.

And Everly was just not enough.

And no one was around to tell her any different.

Hours passed. And although they were filled with her cries and her screams and her tears and her breaking psyche, they were silent. It was six in the morning and she should be getting ready for school beside her brother who is all muttered curse words and too-small batman boxers that are now in the rubbish bin but she’s frozen, sinking into the mattress. There was no clinking of spoons against the cereal bowl or the ding of the toaster or petty arguments over petty things and no ‘everly, darling, your skirt is on backwards.’

And Everly was just not enough.

And no one was around to tell her any different.

The phone resting on her nightstand lit up and buzzed. Then it did it again. And again. And Everly couldn’t recall giving Harry her number but there he was- those damned five letters lined up across her screen.