17.

warning: short chapter

17.

“Good morning Oakwood. Breaking News: murderer Harry Styles has sent a [typed] letter to the highest officials in our city, stating that he will be in the city sometime within the next month. No new victims will be taken, and no one will be harmed in the time of his visit. Also, included in this letter, he stated that he will come alone. But, under the unfortunately small possibility that he is to be caught, his family is to remain unharmed by his imprisonment and will be sent $5,000 a month. If his wishes go ignored, an alternative plan of murder will be cast upon the citizens of Oakwood, from beyond the bars of his cell.”

-Oakwood Local News [aired September 8th, 2016]

___________________________________

e v e r l y

He slammed her up against the side of her car that was still parked in the garage way, forcing her into his shivering chest. Her lips were shaking with cold, so he put more force behind the kiss to keep her warm. And the sparks that jumped from their connected lips jolted Everly from his body as his large hands started to tug up the oversized, ratty Ohio State jumper that clothed her torso.

“What do you think you’re doing?” She demanded, still a bit breathless from the intensity of their kiss.

Harry looked at her and blinked once, twice, three times. His eyes were still red from the tears that fell from them but so were hers.

Maybe she isn’t quite so alone.

“I was kissing you.” He explained, trying to grab her hand again. But Everly jerked it behind her back quickly, staring at him. “Everly what’s wrong?”

The world started to spin and she found herself leaning against the car to aid her in standing. He looked concerned- but the concern was fake. He was fake. Everything he represented was all fucking fake.

But she still kissed him. She kissed those lips that were turning purple from the cold and she let his tongue tangle with hers and she kissed him. But now they were just standing, silent, as the world turned on its axis and the stars started to rise in the sky. And her lips were sore but she couldn’t think about that because the world was spinning and she was dizzy and why is he so fucking beautiful?

“Everly, baby, please tell me what’s wrong.” One large, rough hand rose to cup her cheek but she sidestepped and started to shove her car key into the door, her shaking fingers making it difficult to unlock it. “What are you doing?”

She didn’t answer and tried to breathe deeply so she didn’t faint.

“Evie?”

“Don’t call me that!” She panicked, throwing her key to the ground and stomping her feet like a child. Maybe Harry was right- maybe she is a coward. And maybe she is a sad and forgotten foster kid whose parents dumped her. But anyone can see that Everly Green, the girl who was currently struggling to pick up her dropped keys and move her fingers, was one problem away from shattering.

And Harry’s eyes were still red from crying.

Maybe she isn’t so alone.

“Everly, stop.” He said softly, putting his hand over hers. She tried to push him off, but he wrapped both of his arms around her waist, forcing her to stop. She continues to kick and try to open her door.

‘Evie, darling, it’s time to go to bed.’

‘Evie, I love you.’

‘Evie, I love you.’

‘Evie, I love-’

“Fucking sit still!” Harry boomed, his voice startling her and making her body slump against his own. Her eyes were wide open and dry like all her tears had run out. The ground was cold on her legs as she lowers to the ground, leaning her back against her car as Harry sits next to her, one arm still wrapped around her like a vice. He was shaking also.

Maybe she isn’t so alone.

They both take a few breaths before Harry stands once more, his face saying nothing but pure anger. “What the hell was that?!”

“I-”

“All I did was kiss you! I-I didn’t try to rape you! You’re acting like I’m some horrible person when all I’ve done is say a few things that sure, weren’t very nice, but I would never hurt you!” He exclaims, throwing his hands out to the sides and heaving his chest up and down with each breath he takes. “I thought you would know that, Everly.”

‘I’ll protect you, Evie.’

‘You’re my little girl, Evie.’

‘Would you like a bedtime story, Evie?’

“I’m sorry.” She apologizes, voice quiet and meek as she sits against the car.

Harry lets out a growl of frustration and tugs on his hair, tensing his muscles. “Just go.”

The girl with skinny legs and an almost shattered mind doesn’t waste any time in unlocking her door and climbing inside, blasting the heat and speeding off towards home.

h a r r y

He arrived at the school with depression in his bones and in his blood and in his mind.

And he tried to get rid of it, he really did. But the thought of facing Everly again made his heart heavy.

Mel came home a couple nights ago with a whole new set of bruises and Harry punched a wall. Then Mel came home last night with a black eye so Harry punched Luke because Luke is a douche and even though he had nothing to do with the situation he deserved a punch.

But this morning, Mel came into his room and tried to disguise the tears on her cheeks as she woke him.

“Haz,” she said, “you’re going to the school today.”

“Mel?” He responded groggily, sitting up and reaching out to touch the healing bruises on his pretty-gorgeous sister’s face. “Mel why are you crying?”

“C’mon Haz, let’s go. It’s time to go.” She said, smiling. One of her bottom teeth was cracked and Harry’s fist tightened underneath his duvet.

“Mel, please.”

“S’okay. I’m fine. Let’s go. It’s time to go.”

So he went. And he was silent even though his mind was loud, screaming. It was screaming at him to take her to the hospital or to a therapist or to take her somewhere that can do more than just accept the bruises the colour her usually milky skin.

“I love you, Mellie.” He told her, kissing her head.

She nodded.

So he left.

this is really short but i had to give you something after you gave me 50 FUCKING COMMENTS ON THE LAST CHAPTER. 

i love you so so so so so so so much.

it motivates me to write when you comment so much, and i hope to update tomorrow.

i might update earlier if.... you know.... [hint, hint]

i feel whiny. 

i'll get over it.

much love,

el xx