21.

21.

MARIE STYLES

Abilify  [Aripiprazole]

Treats schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and depression. Can also treat postpartum depression.

Inject one single-dose vaccine into upper arm once a day.

Consult doctor immediately if patient loses feeling in fingers or increased blood pressure, as these can be signs of a life-threatening disease.

Prescription for Everly Marie Green. [prescribed September 25th, 2016]

_____________________________

e v e r l y

From: harry

To: me

[sent 12:02 p.m]

m sorry. come bak please.

From: harry

To: me

[sent 12:10 p.m]

luke left, come bak to me. we can sleep. lets sleep until this is over, ya?

From: harry

To: me

[sent 12:40 p.m]

ur not as safe without me ther. please come home. come bak to me. i want to hold you again.

From: harry

To: me

[sent 1:02 p.m]

theres a ceiling fan in my room, everly. its really tempting and i need to hold you. i need to hold you so i can sleep.

Bullshit.

Dark eyes flecked with gold scan over the bright screen of her cracked phone before the girl tosses it into her school bag and swallows the lump of tears gathering between her vocal chords.

He is a liar and a criminal. He doesn’t care for anyone but himself, and she was foolish to think otherwise. But is it so bad to feel the need to be wanted? Is that so bad? Is it bad to feel safety in his arms or the beat of his heart? Is it bad to love conflicted feelings more than sorted ones when looking into his eyes? Is it bad to feel this needed?

As Everly climbs into Dana’s minivan and almost angrily throws her ruksak into the passenger side seat, she realizes that yes, feeling safe and loved and conflicted and needed is bad.

It’s bad.

But it’s disastrous when it comes to Harry.

The school day passes by in a blur. It’s all faked smiles and tightly gripped pencils and thoughts that have a tendency to stray towards a boy with curly hair and a never-coming-back-girlfriend. People see the dark circles under her eyes and the sadness in her bones but don’t say anything.

Because it’s bad.

But it’s disastrous when it comes to Harry.

“You’re not gonna eat anything?” Avery asks, gesturing towards the empty space where a lunch tray would reside in front of Everly. The girl with sadness in her bones and dark circles under her eyes shakes her head ‘no’ and smiles weakly. “You need to eat, Evie.”