epilogue ii

"I missed you so much, baby."

"You left me, Harry."

'It was only so you could be safe. Believe me Ev, please believe me."

"You missed her birth. You didn't cut the cord."

"Don't cry, love. I'm sorry."

"Harry, she was a pre-me. Do you know how hard it was to watch her through a glass case? To watch our daughter struggle to breathe without you beside me?"

"I cleared everything up with the police. Don't worry, we're all safe now. I'm not gonna leave again, baby. Never again."

"Do you know how hard that was?"

[harry grasps everly's face and kisses her with gentle force].

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." [more kisses] "You're too pretty to cry. Don't cry."

"Why did you kill them? Why did you kill those people?"

"It was all for you. As soon as you told me you were pregnant, I knew I had to get rid of all the people who would harm you."

[silence].

"Vera is beautiful, Ev. She's so beautiful. Just like her mum."

"I'm guilty."

"For what?"

"You killed those people for me. I'm a murderer."

"No no no no, baby, no. It was my choice, it was my decision. Please don't feel like this is your fault. They deserved to die."

"No-"

"Stop." [harry tugs everly into bed with him and snuggles her into his side] "Stop right now. You did nothing wrong."

"Why do you smell like abuse?"

[pause].

"I don't know, lovely. All the Styles kids smell like abuse at one time or another. It's all a big mess, really."

i love you all, thank you.

eleanor xx