Forgotten

I crashed through the trees. Something was there. Something huge. Ghost and Sif kept pace even though they could have easily out run me. Branches cracked all around. I couldn't see between the dark and the trees. Then it was in front of me. Something huge struck out. Ghost took most of the damage. I was thrown backwards by the impact feeling my head hit something hard.

The light was to bright, to uneven. I slowly opened my eyes to notice I was in what seemed to be a hospital, but everything was lit up with candles instead of harsh fluorescent bulbs.

"What are we going to do with her?" I heard a dark voice drawl. "She isn't even a student here."

"Let's ask her." A kinder voice said.

Hesitantly I opened my eyes fully. A man in all black was standing next to my bed with an older gentleman with kind eyes. A brown haired man in shabby clothes stood a short distance away.

"Hello Miss. my name is Albus Dumbledore. I am the headmaster here at Hogwarts."

Dumbledore? Why did that name sound familiar? Hogwarts sounded familiar too.

"Hello...I'm...." I stopped. My mind was completely blank. What is my name??

"Well?" The man in black stared at me making shift under his onyx gaze.

"I...I...I don't know." I looked away turning a dark shade of red.

Dumbledore shared a look with the dark man.

"I see." The kinder man smiled gently. "That's all right. However, I must insist that you stay here under the supervision of Professor Snape until we are able to help you recover it."

"Sir?!" The man in black asked incredulously. "I can't possibly. I already have enough to do as it is. I don't have time to babysit as well."

"Don't worry Severus. Professor Lupin will assist you." He said sternly but kindly.

Professor Snape shot daggers at me. I looked at the floor.

"Sorry to be such a bother." I whispered.

I bolted off the bed suddenly. "Ghost and Sif I have to find them!!" I collapsed almost immediately,

Professor Snape caught me around the waist. "You're not fit to go anywhere. Who is that you need to find?"

"My dogs. They were with me when we..." I rubbed my forehead trying to remember exactly what happened. "We we're running...from something I think...Ghost got hurt. That's the last thing I remember."

The door burst open. A large burley man came rushing in. Ghost was cradled in his arms. Sif limped by his side.

"Ghost!" I struggled to stand out of Snape's grip.

An older nurse came rushing into the room.

"What is the meaning of this?" She barked before she caught site of the hounds.

Her eyes widened. "Lay him down Hagrid. I'll do what I can for him."

I was clutching Professor Snape's arm trying desperately to get my legs working to get him. Sif let out a long whine. Snape picked me up gently flipping me around so he was holding me bridal style. I looked up at him desperately. He simply sat me back down on the bed.

"Stay put."

Then he was at Ghost's side, with a wave of his wand the fur shaved away so the nurse or maybe doctor could have a better look at his injuries. I gasped. Five long gashes had opened his side. He was lucky his entrails weren't falling out.

That was meant for me was all I could think. He shouldn't look like that. He shouldn't be hurt. A tear streamed down my face.

"It's alright. Madame Pompfrey is the best medwitch there is. She'll save your friend." The brown haired man gave a reassuring smile.

"Medwitch?" I looked up at him confused.

He frowned sharing a look with Dumbledore. "You're not a witch?"

"I...I don't think so." I shook my head.

Even Dumbledore looked concerned now. "It's quite all right dear. We'll work on getting your memory back."

I gave a weak smile. "Thank you sir."

I watched in silence as Snape and Madame Pompfrey worked. She chanted some sort of spell as Snape dapped a purplish liquid on the wounds. I watched in awe as my hound's breathing eased the wounds stitching themselves back together.

With a jolt Ghost was up growling snapping and snarling.

"Ghost, to me!" I barked in a commanding voice I didn't know I could muster.

The red eyed Irish wolf hound turned his bright eyes to me. With a final growl he was at my side. I let my shoulders relax some stroking his giant head. Sif came from his spot next to Hagrid. I stroked his head.

"What happened to us?" I sighed knowing neither dog could tell me the answer.

"Let us see the other." Madame Pompfrey gestured at Sif.

I nodded. "Sif, locus." I pointed at the table Ghost had come off from now magically clean.

He hopped up whining a little in pain. I winced at the sound. Madame Pompfrey worked another healing charm. I noted that Professor Snape kept his distance this time. Sif hopped off the table tail wagging.

"I'm so glad you're both alright." I wrapped my arms around both hounds' necks.

"Once you've regained some strength you'll be free to go." Madame Pompfrey stared to bustle away.

"Thank you for saving them." I smiled at her.

"Thank you too for bringing them." I smiled at the big man.

"No' a pro'lem." He nodded at me. "Name's Hagrid."

"Nice to meet you Hagrid." We exchanged a smile before he also took his leave.

All that remained was Snape, Dumbledore, and the stranger.

"What happens now?" I looked up to Dumbledore.

"Now you rest. You've been through something traumatizing dear."

I wanted to protest, but didn't have a good reason. So I nodded.

"Severus, stay with her." Dumbledore said as he swept from the room.

I looked nervously between Snape and the door way. He didn't say a word. Only growled grabbing a chair and sitting next to me.

No words were said. I laid down. Madame Pompfrey returned shortly giving me something to help me sleep. Sleep I did. I looked into black fire as I drifted off to sleep.