Returning

"Eris, Dumbledore wants you to return to Hogwarts." Remus frowned deeply at the letter.

"Return to Hogwarts?" I chewed my lip. "Why?"

"It doesn't say. Just that you would also be attending classes and to expect a class list very soon."

As if on queue another owl slipped gracefully into the kitchen. My class list I presume. Great.

Dear Miss Eris,

Below you will find a list of your classes and materials needed. Please be prepared to bring everything with you on the first of August.

Sincerely
Miriva McGonagall

Transfiguration year one
Charms year one
Defense against the dark arts year two
Potions year three
The history of magic year one
Potions year two

"Two potions classes..." I frowned deeply at the paper.

Remus and Sirius shared a look. I had to agree with them. What's this all about?

We didn't talk much after that. I went to my room. Hopelessness filled every fiber of my being. I don't want to see him again. My heart is finally healing, fickle as it may be, but healing nonetheless.

I only have a general idea of how old I am for that matter. Definitely way to old to be doing homework with a bunch of eleven year olds. What sort of game has Dumbledore dragged me into?

"You missed dinner." Remus stood studying me in the door way.

I wonder what he thinks of me?

"Is it that late already?" I blinked at the darkness beyond the window.

"It is." Sirius' voice grumbled.

I wonder what he thinks of me too?

I shook my head, now's not the time for that.

"Do either of you know why he's sending me back?"

Both men looked solemnly shaking their heads. Ahh so he's keeping this one under wraps. I seethed. I'm not a pawn in his little game.

Unless?? Maybe he had answers about what happened that night. I frowned deeply. I don't like anything about this.

"Eris?" Remus shook my shoulder gently.

"Huh?" I blushed. "Sorry I got lost in my thoughts."

"Excited to see Snivilus." Sirius mutter darkly.

"No." I answered honestly.

"Humph!" He crossed his arms rolling his eyes.

"You're such a jealous whore Sirius." I smirked at him.

Remus was over come with another one of his coughing fits. Sirius' face turned a shade of red I didn't know was possible.

"Come now Sirius, what's the matter?"

"Nothing." He snapped.

"Clearly." I rolled my eyes.

"Come now." I grabbed his arm gently while turning his face towards me.

He had that hungry look in his eyes again. I only ever see him level me and sometimes Remus with that look. Desire.

So he wants a piece of me? Maybe even more than one?

Remus cleared his throat. Sirius isn't the only one who's jealous. I smiled a little. These two might very well be the death of me.

"School is still two months away. I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to hang out." I stepped back from Sirius.

Sirius walked out grumbling away. I just smiled and shook my head. Not that I could blame him. Being locked up here must remind him a lot of a prison cell.

I turned face first into Remus' chest. All I could do was look up and drown in beautiful brown eyes.

"He isn't the only one who's jealous." His thumb stroked easy lines along my jaw.

I smiled up at him. "I know."

Just like waking up from a dream the moment shattered. He stepped away and took his leave.

I watched him go, my face still tingling from his touch. The death of me indeed.

"It's still two months away." I whispered to the darkness.

I tossed and turned. Sleep evaded me like the stars during a full moon. What is that old man planning? Would he try to stop me? Who's to even say I could succeed?

"Eris?" His voice came from the door way.

"I was just thinking I would like some company."

"Is three still a crowd?" The other asked.

I smiled. "Not in this case."

Sirius and Remus laid on either side of me. Perfect. Their arms were the only place I wanted to be.

Listening to the two men's breathing I finally managed to settle into the silk sheets drifting off into a mostly dreamless sleep. I should be ashamed knowing that Remus was going to fall in love with Tonks and what I might not be able to save Sirius from. For tonight though I could be content.

"You'd fuck them in their beast forms if given the chance wouldn't you." A cold all to familiar voice woke me from my slumber.

"Why? Hoping for a show?" I snapped.

How dare he! How dare he come in here and judge me for moving on. How dare he come in here uninvited, wake me up, and make rude assuming remarks when he hasn't said a word to me since I left Hogwarts!

Something between anger and jealousy flashed in his eyes before dawning his cold mask again. "Hardly. I merely thought you were better than this. I suppose I can't always be right."

Remus' arm caught my waist. I struggled to free myself, when I get my hands on him I'll make Voldemort look like nothing more than an angry kitten.

"Enough Eris." Remus tried to sooth me. "He's not worth the time in Azkaban."

You will pay for this! I let all my rage flash across my face. Ghost and Sif growled giving Severus his last warning to the escape.

"Yes. Listen to the mutts." He sneered.

"Ghost, loose." My voice could have frozen over hell.

He barely had time to aparate. Ghost's jaws snapped up empty air. That will teach him to enter my room uninvited again.

"Ghost, retreat." He immediately stopped growling and curled back up on the floor. Much like his owner disgruntled at being disturbed.

We didn't leave the bed, though it had taken some convincing on Remus' part. We were all curious about Severus' purpose here, but I wanted to make him suffer a while longer. He accused me of fucking the two of them, why should I make an effort to get him to believe any different?

"Why didn't you tell him the truth?" Sirius finally asked as the clock struck eleven.

"What truth?"

"That the three of us didn't...haven't...yet...aren't like that." He stumbled.

Gathering my courage I leaned a bit closer. "Who says I wouldn't?"

Both men's eyes were on me now. I could feel Remus fidgeting against my back as Sirius stared into my eyes. A simple offer lay between us. No demands. No have to's. Simply people taking advantage of their desire for each other.