Time is Marching

*****Smut warning and
          massive time jump*****

We tried. Honestly. At least that's the lie I told myself as his ran down my body. We pretended for a short while that I was nothing more than another bratty student and he the cold uncaring professor.

Then the second night of detention. We tried to ignore it at first. That draw. That ache to be touched. That need to feel anything other than the press of the on coming doom.

He nipped my ear playfully. I smiled returning the favor. His cock slid between my legs. Our bodies worked in perfect harmony until we both found our release.

As was our routine, I laid next to him while he stroked lazy lines down my spine. I savored the sweet moments with him. I could pretend that death's shadow didn't loom over us. Over him. All of them.

"You're distracted." He pulled me closer hugging me tightly.

"I know what happens next." I sighed.

"Yes, you get dressed and return to your dorm before anyone gets suspicious." He kissed my head.

I rolled my eyes at him. How many times had we repeated this conversation? He wouldn't deny his fate, wouldn't risk that Harry might not win.

"How long do you think I can pretend I don't know what's about to happen?" I sniffled.

"As long as you have to." He kissed my head again. "This is not a burden you should have to bare."

I opened my mouth debating on saying it. The. Shut it again. No. He wouldn't want to hear it.

"Are you afraid?" I chewed my lip not even sure why I asked.

He took a deep breath letting it out slowly. "Yes, but it does not change what I need to do."

"You're very brave Severus, perhaps you should have been a Griffindor." I smirked at him.

He looked at me coldly. "You're hilarious Miss Graceland."

"I like to think so." I kissed his cheek.

He rolled his eyes, but at least smiled a little.

The smile faded, "It's time for you to go."

"I know." I tried to keep the disappointment from showing on my face.

Tracy was reading silently next to the fire when I came in. Draco and the others had wisely kept their distance. She beamed at me.

"You're back. How was detention?"

"Oh. You know. All sunshine and rainbows." I rolled my eyes in mock annoyance.

Tracy nodded knowingly. She is well versed with our potion master's detentions. She just couldn't know that I rather enjoy mine.

I snuck a glance at her arm. No mark yet. For me, Severus was doing his best to keep her from getting it. Siting her poor performance at an excuse that she wasn't ready to service the dark lord.

"Are you ok?" She crinkled her brow.

"Yeah sorry. I just spaced out." I gave her a tight smile.

"Right." She looked at me strangely.

We studied in silence for a long while. Our charms exam was on the tenth. Eight days. I had tried to remind Harry again about the mirror. He'd only looked at me like I lost my marbles. I need to tell Hermione, she's the only chance. Maybe they can avoid that fiasco at the ministry all together.