The In Between

"Eris!" Molly's voice echoed waking the paintings on the wall. "You're needed down stairs!"

"Seems my offer will have to wait." I said glaring at the door.

"They can wait a few more minutes." Sirius pressed his lips to mine.

He was warm and soft and even more than I imagined. My heart hammered in my chest. No matter what happens I will never regret this.

My heart fluttered even as he pulled away eyes gleaming.  I felt Remus pressed against my back warm and steady. Readjusting I looked up into his hungry eyes.

Remus wasn't gentle. His kiss was rough full of long suppressed desire. Sirius leaned in placing soft kisses along my neck. A soft moan escaped me. I can definitely get used to this.

Remus chuckled as he pulled away. I wonder if they can smell the desire with in me. I've heard werewolves and animigus keep some of their superior senses when they're in their human form.

"You better get down stairs." Remus kissed my forehead.

I poured at him. "Starting what you can't finish."

They both laughed.

"Don't worry we'll definitely finish." Sirius smirked.

Down stairs was it's usual wash of clangs, clatters, and voices. Fred and George were lurking by the door where the order tended to have their meetings. I didn't question the elongated ear I spotted sneaking under the door.

"They're waiting for you." Fred nodded towards the door.

I nodded dreading everything that was on the other side.

The room was brightly lit, no doubt attempting a cheery atmosphere. The pulled curtains and dark oak tables made that impossible in my opinion. Everything about this room felt oppressive. 

No one spoke to me, to caught up in their own conversations to even notice I had entered. Remus and Sirius entered shortly there after. Out of a strong mixture of desire and spite I seated myself between them. Making sure to hold eye contact with Severus the entire way.

He said nothing, but I could feel the glee radiating off  Sirius. Even Remus managed a small smile. You started a war with the wrong person Severus.

"Eris." Mad Eye narrowed his mechanical eye at me. "You're going back to Hogwarts. If you plan on staying in the wizarding world you'll need to know how to handle your magic."

"I'm aware. I got the letter this morning. Why does he really want me to go back?" I raised a brow.

"To. Learn. Magic." Mad eye snapped impatiently.

I frowned. I can't tell if he doesn't know or is lying. Regardless I didn't like where this was going.

"Very well."

"There's more." Severus drawled.

I sat quietly waiting for him to continue. Always has to be dramatic doesn't he?

Time dragged as Severus explained Voldemort's latest schemes. So that's why Dumbledore wants me back at Hogwarts. He thinks I might be a useful tool.

Even though a good bit of my memory had returned. I still couldn't remember critical details. Like my birthday or my last name or how I managed to conjure the shield  I used to protect Severus that night.

"Eris." Severus fidgeted. "I need a word with you."

Remus and Sirius stopped at the door.

"Alone."

"Fine." I nodded to them to go on without me.

The room suddenly seemed much smaller than it had before. He was to much. To near. The wounds were still to fresh.

"I'm sorry." He fidgeted with his cuff link unable to look me in the eye.

"I knew this is how it would have to be Severus. You have a job to do, which is fine. But you don't get to drag my heart through the mud while you do it." I bit my lip fighting back sudden tears.

His onyx eyes filled with heartbreak. "I understand."

With a swoosh of his cloak he was gone. The front door opened and closed. Gone again.

*****Severus*****

Her words echoed in my head.

"You don't get to drag my heart through the mud while you do it."

She's right. I've always been cold and angry. I've always taken it out on the wrong people. As much as I hate to admit it both of them will treat her better than I ever could.

I won't make the same mistake twice. If I live through this maybe I can come out of it with at least a friend. I'm so tired. I'm so tired of being alone.

****Eris****

I shook Severus from my mind. My heart ached, but this is how things had to be. He was cold and I was a distraction. Like fire and gasoline as one might say.

"That was intense." George smirked.

I frowned at the front door. "Yeah."

"I never knew the dungeon bat has a heart." Fred popped up behind his brother.

"He doesn't."

Both twins gave each other a look. They wrapped me in a hug. A hug. I stood frozen before hugging them back.

"Thanks guys."

"Any time Eris."

Upstairs the room was quiet. Sneaking into the attached bathroom I ran the water scalding hot. Steam filled the room much like the fog in my head. No matter how hard I try I just can't shake this awful feeling.

Spending time with Remus and Sirius is amazing. It should make happy and it does. Even in those moments a dread gnaws at me.

"What am I going to do?" I whisper to the steam.

Afternoon sun drifted into the room like a sick joke. If this were before I would be laying in a hammock by the lake. Probably with my nose in a book. Now it was only here to mock me.

"Where the hell are my clothes?" I dropped my empty duffel bag.

Molly. I sighed. Sure enough my clothes were neatly folded in the drawers. How motherly.

"Miss Graceland?" Remus lightly rapped on the door.

"Come in." I didn't turn around as the door opened. "Graceland isn't my real last name. I just made it up on the fly. It felt weird not having one."

He chuckled. "I see."

*******************Note*****************

Hi everyone!

Sorry this one is short and this isn't getting updated as timely as my last one. I promise to keep them coming though.

Thank you everyone for reading!

Much love,

Princess