New People

I did a double take. One...two...three???? Three? Ghost and Sif made zero indication that they even noticed the third dog. Sirius is trying to mess with me. I smirked, but have to play along.

I walked up and scratched both his ears. " I guess we have a new member of the family. What do you think we should calm him Ghost? Sif?"

My hounds looked at me like I was half mad.

"I know the perfect name!" I exclaimed about the time Remus walked into the room. "Periwinkle!"

Remus banged his shin on the coffee table sending out a stream of giggles and cursed.

"What?" I feigned innocence. "Don't you think it's the perfect name for such a sweet pup?"

It took a few minutes before he could catch his breath to answer me.

"I think it's brilliant! Absolutely perfect!" As he fell into another fit of laughter.

"See." I looked at Periwinkle. "I knew he'd agree with me."

More laughs filled the room. I studied Remus laughing. He wasn't cold like Severus, but it was still a rare thing to see him smile so broadly.

"Hahaha. Very funny." Sirius' voice growled.

Sirius' reaction only seemed to make Remus laugh harder. My lips tugged up. Even I couldn't help but smile.

"What's the matter Periwinkle?" Remus wheezed.

Sirius very abruptly turned back into a dog and left the room. As soon as he did I collapsed into a fit of giggles.

"That was absolutely beautiful." Remus wiped a tear from the corner of his eye. "Come now we should probably get started."

"Alright." I grinned.

Since coming to Grimmauld, Remus has been teaching me spells. Primarily defenses, but exciting nonetheless.

My wand slipped slightly causing another poor hideous throw pillow to burst into a cloud of feathers. I drooped, magic was much more difficult than I thought it would be. Soundless Remus slipped behind me adjusting my position so I was finally standing just right.

This was our favorite game to play. If I looked to the right and tilted just ever so slightly our faces would be just far enough apart. All he would have to do is bend his head and we would kiss. But I didn't and he didn't.

His chest pressed against my back a calm and steady presence. Slowly our bodies moved in sync as I muttered the spell. A perfect hit.

Remus stepped away from me. "See I knew you could do."

"I wouldn't be doing much of anything if not for your amazing teachings." I smiled at him.

"Oh I'm sure you would have managed." He smiled back trying to hide his pride.

"No doubt, if you don't believe me just ask the cushions." Sirius quipped reentering the room.

"Haha very funny." I rolled my eyes.

Sirius and I developed a strange relationship right after coming to the house. Everyone thinks we hate each other. There are very few moments insults and threats aren't being throwing between the two of us like a game of hot potato.

"I thought so." He beamed.

I levitated one of the mangled cushions and smacked him the face.

The game was on. Remus tucked himself in the corner away from our shenanigans.  Sirius forwent magic charging at me like a lunatic with pillow in hand.  I stumbled backwards narrowly avoiding his attack.