I Can Do Magic!

"Please Daddy!" Tears rolled down my little face. I was maybe six. "Stop!"

"Shut up Eris! You weak brat!" A man with dark brown hair was screaming at me.

Pain streamed across my face. He slapped me. What did I do wrong? Why did daddy hate me so much? I held my face trying to stop the tears.

He hit me again. Then again and again. Tears kept falling as I begged him to stop.

I bolted up right breathing hard. I was laying in a soft bed. The room was dark. I slipped out of the bed quietly. Feeling my way along the wall I found a door.

I cracked it open slowly. Faint light filled the room. A large bed took up most the room. There was a bookshelf packed with books and a small dresser. Outside of that there was no indication of who's room I was in.

I walked quietly down a short hallway into what seemed to be a living room. A small couch sat in front of a burning hearth. There were more packed bookshelves. On the mantle were pictures of two teenagers. A red head girl and a black haired boy that looked like a younger Snape. I moved closer.

Sucking in a breathe I realized why everyone kept looking at me strangely. The adults at least anyway. The girl in the picture was nearly a mirror image of myself. There were just a few subtle  differences that you could tell us apart.

I jumped as the couch moved behind me. Snape sat up groggily.

"What are you doing?" He snapped.

"Sorry. I woke up and I didn't know where I was." I fidgeted looking at the floor.

"So you decided to snoop around?"

"No...I just...I was just."

"Snooping." He cut me off.

"You should have put me on the couch. I'm small I would've been ok." I ignored his comment.

"I had other things to do and Dumbledore would have chastised me if I left you sleeping in my classroom Miss."

"Eris." I finished for him.

"Regaining some memories I see."

"I'm pretty sure that's only my first name, but at least you have something to call me." I shrugged shifting uncomfortably.

"I see." His clothes were rumpled, hair tasseled, his onyx eyes were still hazy with sleep.

I bit my lip. He's handsome I had to admit. To bad he's an asshole. As if he felt my gaze he shot me a sudden glare.

"You should go to bed." I held a hand out to him. "You've got a long day tomorrow."

He looked at my hand for a long moment before taking it. I pulled gently helping him to his feet. He took in my jeans and crumpled shirt.

I was sitting on the couch reading the works of Edgar Allen Poe when Snape came back into the room. He laid a T-shirt down next to me. I looked up at him. I could drown in those black seas.

"This will be more comfortable to rest in. One of the house elves will get your things cleaned and repaired. The bathroom is next to the bedroom."

"Thank you." I whispered as I watched him return to his room.

He looked over his shoulder. "You're welcome." His voice was so low I almost missed it.

I folded my clothes as neatly as I could and sat them on the counter. Then I turned on water until the bathroom filled with steam. I let hot water pour over me turning my skin pink. Even though I'm assuming Madame Pompfrey magically cleaned me up I still felt grimy. I scrubbed myself clean.