7

Angel's pov

My friends and I have been hanging out in the living room for the past two hours now. It hadn't taken long to get settled since we haven't unpacked. I might not even bother unpacking. There are four rooms and Naomi and I each have our own. The others are paired up.

The doorbell rings and Dani goes to open it. She comes back in with an annoyed look on her face and a male form standing behind her.

"Angel, this guy says he's your brother", she says

The guy steps out from behind her and locks eyes with me. An indescribable mix of emotions flash through them before he sets his mouth in a hard line.

"I only have one brother", I declare not looking away, "Hello again Jake."

"You're really back", Jake says. He looks at each of my friends, taking in how they all regard him with cold eyes.

"In the flesh. What do you want?"

"What, I can't have a nice reunion with my twin sis now?" He says this with a sickly sweet and creepy smile.

"You lost the right to call me your sister the moment you put your hands on me! Blood doesn't make us family. So as far as I'm concerned, you are not my brother."

Jake looks shocked for a moment before his face changes to one of confusion.

"So what did you mean when you said you only have one brother?", he asked

"You'll find out later. Now I suggest you get out before we make you."

He looks like he wants to say more, but the growls coming from Blake and Aiden are enough to send him running. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and relax back into my seat. It took a lot out of me to not beat the lights out of him and make him feel the same pain he inflicted on me. Tenfold.

My friends are looking at me in sympathy and I shake my head so they understand I don't wanna talk about it. Naomi cuddles up to me and Ariel turns the tv onto some mindless cartoons. We just sit like this and bask in the comfort of each others' company. Now this is my family.

• • •

Jake's pov

Angel. She's really fucking back. And she of all people is the council's warrior?! This can't be happening. I know for sure shit is gonna hit the fan. Things can only get worse from there.

I hear the front door bang open and in comes mom and dad looking quite shaken up.

"Is it true?", dad demands

"Is what true dad?"

"Don't play stupid with us Jake", shouts mom

"Okay, Angel is back... and she hates us."

They both sit down but their trembling doesn't stop there. I'm not quite sure what has them so scared like this. I expected a multitude of emotions but overwhelming fear wasn't one of them.

"You guys know what the real kicker is?", I asked. They looked at me suddenly with narrowed eyes. "She's the trainer." Not going to lie, but seeing my parents' faces drop so dramatically was pretty epic.

"H-how long will she be here for?", mom asked

"I'm not sure yet."

Just then, a quick knock comes at the door before Eric comes waltzing in. We share a fist bump and he looks at my parents nearly devastated expressions.

"I take it you guys have heard that your daughter is back", Eric says

"To our understanding, she is the famed warrior the council sent to train us", dad said bitterly, "this is bad."

"Why is it bad Mr. White?"

"What is stopping her from taking revenge on us for what we did? And if she's really that famous warrior, there's no way she's anything less than an alpha."

"That is all true. But you don't have to worry about her coming after you."

"How are you so sure Eric? And why aren't you the least bit worried? After what you did to her."

"Because.. she's my mate. She might be upset with me now, but she won't be able to resist the bond forever. And since you're my beta's parents, and soon my in-laws, I'll just forbid Angel from coming after you."

I don't particularly have confidence that my estranged sister will agree to any of that, but I say nothing because his words seemed to have calmed my parents down some.

"Jake?"

"Hm?"

"I need you to go tell Angel and her little buddies that the barbecue is starting in an hour."

"Can't you just get someone else to do it? They practically kicked me out when I went there earlier."

"Fine. I'll see you guys later." With that, Eric takes his leave. If I'm being honest, I worry more for him than us where Angel is concerned. In the meantime, I've got my own mate issues.

• • •

Angel's pov

We are still watching movies by the time 6 o'clock rolls around when the doorbell rings again. This time Aiden gets up. He comes back a minute later with a girl who couldn't be older than 11 or 12.

"Who is this Aiden?", I ask

"I don't know. She says she has a message for you."

I raise my brow at the girl and wait for her to say something.

"I'm Samantha. Alpha wants you to know that the barbecue is at 7."

"Tell him we're good. We were just about to order in anyways."

"But he insists. Says it's a good way for you to meet the pack."

"I've known this pack my whole life up until 3 years ago. I have no desire to mingle with them again. But for the sake of training, we'll come."

"Okay, great." Samantha turns to leave, but I stop her right before.

"By the way, which alpha made you come here?"

"Eric." I had a feeling.

"Alright, you can go."

"So we're having barbecue for dinner then?", Aiden asks

"I guess so."

Something is gonna happen tonight. Not sure what yet, but Eric is definitely involved.