16

Angel's pov

It was fifteen minutes into lunch break when Eric thought it'd be a good idea to come over and bug me. I haven't been anything but indifferent toward him so maybe it's time he sees my mean side 'cause he's just not getting the hint. But that's too risky. I pride myself on keeping calm when the reality is that I'm pissed beyond belief. If I couldn't stay as calm as I do, this school would be Eric's grave. Then everyone would start to question how he died so quickly, not believing it as simple alpha strength and I'd probably have to relocate or go into hiding with the council. So my eye twitched and my hands gripped the lunch table. But I remained calm.

"For the love of all that is good Eric go away!", I spoke through clenched teeth

He looked shocked, and for a moment worried, before he turned on his heel and walked back to his table. I could only relax after he'd sat down and made no move to look back at me. Dani's hand was felt on my back, rubbing soothing circles and I leaned into her side, appetite completely gone. As my friends exchanged pitying looks I communicated to them that I was fine. Of course they didn't believe me but I felt I needed to say it for myself. I wish I could just go home.

*^*^*

The rest of my classes passed quickly and I dreaded the last but here we are. After the lunch thing Aiden came to get me so we could walk to our last class together. Luckily we arrived early and Eric was nowhere in sight so I could breathe. We took our seats followed by the teacher coming in a few minutes later with some students (minus Eric).

One of those students was a guy I hadn't seen before. He had short brown hair, a sharp nose and squarish jaw from what I could see. He was also pretty well built without being overly jacked and probably stood at six foot two at least. Handsome guy and he was going to talk with the teacher. A moment later she pointed towards Aiden and I and when the guy looked over he seemed surprised but smiled. He nodded to the teacher and walked our way and behind us, sitting right behind me in Eric's seat.

"You are sooo checking this guy out", Aiden guffawed in my head

"Am not dufus."

"Nothing to be ashamed of sis. Once in a while you can stop pretending that you're not interested in other people. Live a little."

"...whatever."

Aiden turned around in his seat and extended a hand to the new guy.

"Hey, I'm Aiden. And this is my sister Angel."

"Tyler. Nice to meet you..both?"

Aiden poked (more like jabbed) me in the side and I turned around to shake Tyler's hand too.

"Hi", I say lamely

Ugh is anyone supposed to smile that perfectly? Not a trace of arrogance and it's so disarming. It's guys like him that I should steer clear of if I want to leave this place with everything intact.

"Soo Tyler", Aiden says dragging the first word, "I heard there was an alpha-to-be from Blue Midnight who was still on vacation. Would that happen to be you?"

"Oh uh yeah", Tyler answered, "What pack are you guys from?"

"White Moon. Angel on the other hand is technically pack-less."

"Yeah but White Moon will always be my home", I added

Tyler smiled at that and it was just dazzling. The pearly whites, the dimples and soft looking lips; all of him. Unfortunately the moment was ruined at the scraping of a chair and Eric sitting in the vacant seat behind Aiden. At least he wouldn't be kicking my seat today.

"Hey guys", Eric says, "I see you've met Tyler."

Thank you captain obvious. Eric patted Tyler's shoulder like they were best buds but Tyler looked uncomfortable. Sheesh, the power hungry bastard will suck up to anyone I guess. Imagine thinking you're cool with someone and not taking the hint that they dislike you. A pity this is Tyler's partner for the semester.

*^*^*

Nathan's pov

Angel. Damn is she hot. Strong. The perfect Luna candidate. And no other guy has been able to get close to her besides the ones that came with her so I'm pretty lucky this time. Our Black Water pack deserves the best Luna and I'll strive to give them that.

"What are you mumbling about Nathan?"

I turned around a little too quickly, losing my balance and landing on my ass with a nice thump. Someone chuckled dryly and I knew it was my cousin Ryan. That guy has hated my guts ever since he found out his dad gave the alpha position to mine. Ryan is twenty so in less than a year he'd have been Alpha (if things were different). A few months ago he asked me to give up the position and obviously I refused. I understand that it's his birthright but I'll be damned if I give it up without a fight. But when it's time to take my place I won't be surprised if he comes out and challenges me. When that happens though, I'll be ready.

Glaring, I spare Ryan a glance, rise to my feet dusting my pants off and brush past him to get out of the basement. He doesn't say anything on my way up; I just hear more chuckling. It gives me an uneasy feeling and I can't get out of there fast enough.

*^*^*

Ryan's pov

That little runt. I heard that the lone wolf warrior goes to high school and apparently this prick has big plans for her already. Make her his luna? Seriously? If I have anything to say about it, it's not gonna happen. Nathan is so delusional he's even mumbling to himself. How pitiful but I don't feel bad for my little cousin. How can I feel bad for him after what he's done? He doesn't deserve my pity nor the alpha seat.

I've forgiven my father years ago for giving away my birthright. But for what the selfish little shit did? It's too unforgivable. And now it's only a matter of time before the whole pack knows. Then no one will stand by Nathan's claim to the alpha seat. He can enjoy his peace for just a little longer before I flip his whole world. The runt will get what's coming to him.

• • • • •

A/N: Shame on me guys. Super late, I know and I'm sorry. No, I don't have a schedule of any kind. Life is just happening in real-time and I often forget to proofread a chapter for days (or weeks) before I post, even when I'm actually done. I've re-written this chappy for the third time, and I'm not satisfied but I'm throwing y'all this bone (pun intended). Getting started on the next.

P.s: Don't be afraid to come after me in my messages. A friendly reminder helps 😅