14

Saturday
Angel's pov

I'm just getting back from todays morning session when I get a call from aunt Lillian. I flop onto the bed and quickly pick up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Angel! How are you?", aunt Lillian says

"I'm good Aunt Lilli. How are you and Uncle Luke?"

"We're great sweetheart. I wanted to let you know that we'll be coming to check up on you in a couple weeks. And with baby Riley too."

"Wait, did you give birth already?!"

"Noo not yet. Actually I'm kinda going into labor right now."

"What!? And you're calling me? Have the baby first."

"Haha yes I'm calling you dummy. Expect a FaceTime call tomorrow too."

"Yes! Oh goddess, I wish I could be there."

"I know honey, sorry. But you'll be an awesome aunt/cousin/sister to Riley."

"Of course I will. Also, do you know the gender?"

"Nope. We'll leave that to chance but it'll be a Riley either way. Anyways, is there a preferred time that we should visit? So we can set a schedule?"

"Um, three weeks from now. We're having a mid-training test to see our progress. That's the perfect time so you guys can check that too."

"Okay great. I'll let Luke know as soon as he's back with my food."

"Okay. Say 'hi' for me."

"I will. Talk to you tomorrow."

"Bye."

I hang the phone and close my eyes for a much needed nap.

*^*^*

Eric's pov

"For the last time Maddie, stop following me", I growled, "Me and you aren't happening."

"That is not what you showed me last night Eric", Maddie shot back

"Do you think I need you? That I couldn't stop shagging you if I want to?"

"Then why don't you?! As soon as I'm at your door on any night, you're welcoming me with open arms."

"Sure but you know who I'm thinkin' about when you're on my dick? My mate. Someone who you will never be able to compare to."

Maddie flinched like she'd just been slapped and the color drained from her face.

"Y-you...you don't know what you're talking about Eric. Who gives a damn if Angel's the fucking council warrior. It's just a stupid title. A-and besides, she already rejected you."

"Just a title? I'm 100% sure that if the council's trainer was a guy instead of Angel, you would've been all over him so stop downplaying the truth. Either way, we're not an item and we never will be. Do both of us a favor and stop trying to make the impossible happen."

"Take a look in the fucking mirror Eric! When you finally humiliate yourself trying to get Angel back, I'll be waiting for you."

"Enjoy waiting forever then."

I turn on my heel and jog back to the pack house. Just now I was on a run through the woods and when I came out, Maddie was there waiting for me. I didn't tell anyone where I was going so she'd obviously followed me. But honestly, I'm completely done with her. If I want to prove to Angel that I'd be good for her, I can't keep letting Maddie into my bed. Speaking of Angel, I thought to ask my parents for advice so they should both be in Dad's office by now.