Chapter 3

(Lol just so you know the chapter covers have like nothing to do with the story)

"Oh my god, I'm so glad Junior year is finally freaking over!" Edd exclaimed, landing face first onto his green bed sheets.
"Yeah. . . It was pretty long." Matt said as he plopped down next to Edd, retrieving a small hand mirror out of his pocket.
"That's what she said." Edd whispered under his breathe. 
"This year was so lame!" Tom shouted, also getting on the bed.
"Ohhh yeah, Susan." Edd grabbed his green-dotted sketch book from off his bed-side desk and began to flip through it. He ripped out a page and gave it to Tom. "I drew her as a cow. It made sense at the time."

Tom reluctantly took the paper.

"Hey Edd, do you have any drawings of meeee~~" Matt smiled cheekily at him.

"Oh, fine. Get in a pose, Imma draw you like a French girl."

"Yeah, I'm going to get a drink." Tom pointed to the door, and then left whatever he was about to see.

"Here Tord, I got you a little gift." 

Tord looked up from washing some dinner plates to see his dad hold out a shiny, plastic card.

"It's a membership at the public pool down the street. It gets ya in free four hours a day a month." He placed the card in Tord's hands. "I want you to use every penny in this."

"You want me out of the house four hours a day for a month?"

"Yea, I got a job to do. Don't want ya here bored to death, do I?"

Tord set down the plate into the sink and turned off the faucet. He crossed his arms.

"What job did you get?"

"A repairman at a car shop."

"Who works with you?"

"Two kids fresh outta college, Bill and Frank."

Tord "tsked" and turned the faucet back on. "You better not be lying to me, dad. And, thank you for the membership."

His father patted him on the back. "Hey, I don't remember telling you to the dishes?"

"I decided to do it myself, dad."

"Since when did you get so responsible, eh? Well, I'll be in my den watching a movie if you want to join."

"All right dad."

Tord felt his heart sink. Why do you think I got so responsible? 

"No way! Free access to the pool?" Paul kicked the soccer ball, sending it flying at Patryck.

"Gotta use all four hours each day though. That'll get boring." Patryck replied, lazily kicking back the ball to Tord.

"Well, maybe someone can borrow it?" The other guy, Yuu, (A.K.A Paul and Patryck's friend that is a year younger.) asked, waiting for the ball to come his way. He had spiky blonde hair, and pale skin.

"I can't expect these dumb assess to keep anything safe." Tord deadpanned, sending the poor ball to Yuu.

They continued to ponder the swimming-pool issue over kicking a soccer ball to each other in the park. It was around 4, and it felt like a million degrees.

"I heard two hot senior girls got jobs as lifeguards." Yuu said, obviously excited for that possibility.

Patryck rolled his eyes. "You know that like, all of us are gay, right?"

"Well, I know you and Paul are dating but even Tord-"

"Yeah, Tord is pretty gay."

Tord suddenly became very flustered. "Wait- well- I-"

"Damn. Well, congrats on coming out." Yuu said, giving him a thumbs up.

Tord, not defeated yet, sent the ball right at Yuu's face.

"Shut up, I ain't coming out of anything."

"Your red face says otherwise-"

"Get ready to catch these fists Paul-"

"Changing the subject." Patryck said loudly. "Tord, you just finished junior year, right? And Yuu, finished senior?"

"Yes." "Yup."

"Well, how was it?" Paul asked, grabbing the ball from the ground and drop kicking it to Patryck.

Yuu blabbed about how many hot chicks he slammed, while Tord grew silent.

"There were these two brunet girls and I-" "Tord? What about you?" Paul interrupted Yuu's amazing story.

"Eh, same old same old." Tord looked away from their starring.

"Really? Did you kick those kids' assess after they teased you about nothing?" Patryck gave a cold expression, wanting the truth.

It was true. Tord was known for being violent at school. When kids made fun of him he would react physically.  It had gotten him in plenty of trouble before. He had told Paul and Patryck, expecting them to forget, but they didn't.

"I. . . got suspended again, and decided to stop. . . It was hard to do since they came at me like never before but I did it. I stopped hurting kids. And grew more. . . 'responsible' because of it."

They all stopped. The atmosphere grew cold. . . Was he telling them the truth? Was that really all that happened?

Wanting to change the subject, Paul threw the ball at Yuu's face again.