Chapter 30

"Tom?!"

"Tord?!"

Edd chuckled at Tom.
"Tord? You mean that guy you had a crush on in high school?"

Matt smiled.
"Oh yeah, I remember him."

Tom lit up. "Can you not see him?! He's right there!" He pointed dramatically.

Susan looked behind her to see Tord's red and embarrassed face. 
"You're Tord?"

Tord leaned in to see the full table. Edd, Matt, and Yuu all immediately gasped.

"Tord?!" They all screamed.

"Ehehehee" He nervously laughed. 

Tom stood up, walking to Tord.

"We need to talk." He said sternly.

"Hey Tord, what are you doing?" Laurel butted in, holding a disk of their orders.

"UhHhHH"

Tord awkwardly and quickly walked to the kitchen, leaving a confused Laurel and Tom still standing.

Tord walked back the same section of the restaurant thirty minutes later, seeing that the old gang was no longer at their table. He had finally calmed his nerves and didn't have to serve anyone at the moment. And these people he had been thinking about for years had just. . . walked away.

He pushed out a small disheartened smile. His shift had just ended, and he was in his normal street clothes. A red hoodie and some black jeans.

It was 10PM now, the dark outside sprinkled in small bursts of light. Tord hadn't even walked out of the restaurant, but he knew tonight was beautiful.

As he stepped out of the entrance, thinking of what rockyroad icecream he wanted, he stopped.

Summer was nearing a close end here, but the warmth stayed present even in the later hours.

He looked up, someone had set up twinkle lights around the outside's patio that still bustled with customers. The dimmed yellow reflected off the silver eyes, that began to water.

Tord stood. He gazed at it all, he gazed over his life.

Was he really happy? Or was he just settling? Maybe he could've gone into his dream college, maybe he could of had his dream guy.

A single, warm tear slipped out of his eye as he chuckled to himself.
"Maybe." taking a small right turn, he began his walk to the car.

But, just a little further, he saw a bench.
On that bench was a man, brown spiky hair with deep black eyes. Toned skin, and a nice build-up. He even had a few piercings.

Tom lifted his head a little to Tord, a soft smile curving upon his lips.

Tord blinked, and rushed to sit next to him.

He sat down to the left of Tom on the wooden bench, the street ahead of them still a little busy.

They starred at each other for a moment, taking it in. And even after all these years, after all that had happened, they were still so drawn to each other.

Tord smiled. A genuine smile.
"I still can't believe I'm taller than you."

Tom laughed. He shook his head and spoke with endearment. "Do you wanna grab some hot chocolate? It's too late for coffee."

Tord nodded. "I'd love to."

They sat on a park bench, holding their paper cups and bags with scones. 

They talked about what they had been doing over the six years, and what had caused them to be apart.

They had decided on plans for get-togethers and such. It was nice, being able to talk like this.

Tom sighed.
"I should probably get going. I have to leave tomorrow anyway. Could I possibly get a ride to my hotel?"

"I mean, you can come over to my place. I'll drive you there tomorrow, whatever time is good with me. It's nearby. . ." Tord offered, not wanting this moment to end.

"Sure." 

They stood up and walked to Tord's car, hands almost touching.

Tord opened the door to his apartment, it being two bedroom and smug.

Tom looked around as Tord set down their things.

"It's a bit of a mess, sorry."

"No, it's fine! You have a very nice place here."

Tord blushed a little.
"Uhm. . . I have the disk of Insane Zombie Pirates from Hell four if you want to re-watch it."

Tom's face heated up. That's the same movie they saw together a while back! 

Tord coughed. "But maybe you should just rest, I mean you have a long drive tomorrow."

"No it's fine." Tom said quickly.

Tord nervously nodded and put in the disk. The TV was relatively nice, and there was a small couch in front of it.

Tom sat on the left of the couch, Tord grabbing a blanket from the closet.

They both sat on the couch, the blanket over their shoulders.

Thirty minutes into the movie, Tom chuckled.
"I remember you were really into this scene." He said, looking down at Tord. 

Tord was now leaning on Tom's arm, halfway laying down. Tom's arm slung off of Tord's shoulder.

Tord smiled, looking up at him. "Was I really?"

Their gaze met. Their expressions softened slightly. 

Tord decided to lean in a little closer to Tom, his silver eyes wide but determined.

Tom swooned, his heart beating almost out of his chest.

Tom's hand trailed to Tord's cheek, holding it.

And like that, they leaned into a passionately sweet kiss they had waited six years for. 

(Took you long enough ;))