Chapter 4

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Tom slammed his hand down on the alarm, groaning.

"Shut uppppppp I'm goinggggg" He threw his checker blanket off the bed and walked to the bathroom. He brushed his hair and teeth, and took a quick shower. He put on his usual blue shirt and jeans, and picked up his backpack.

"Bye mom! Bye dad!" He called out, almost out of the door.

"Tom, what are you talking about?" His mother asked from within the kitchen. She had an incredibly round face and pitch black eyes. (Like Tom.)

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You're leaving at 9 for your job, not 6 AM for school." His father walked out of his room, obviously tired. He had a oddly yellow face with spiky green hair. There is a lot of awkward appearances here, huh?

Tom's eyes went white.
"HOLY SHIT YOU'RE RIGHT!!"

"Language Tom!" His mother gasped. 

"Looks like we are up for the next 3 hours. Thaaanks Tom." His dad said sarcastically, going into the kitchen to make coffee. 

Tom laughed and went back in his room to get ready for work.

8:35 AM. 
Tom zipped up his blue and white stripped jacket, and hung the whistle around his neck. He wore a pair of basket ball shorts, because he knew the swim trunks would be in the staff room.

"Okay, I'm going for real this time-" "Wait Tom!" His mother caught Tom before he walked out the front door. She held out his old lunchbox from 3rd grade.  

"You forgot your lunch." She winked.

"Ah, thanks." He said, taking the blue metal lunchbox from her. It was going to be embarrassing for sure if he ate with that in front of Susan.

He waved his mom and dad goodbye as he jogged to the public pool.

Tweet! 

"Hey! Quit running near the pool!"

Damn, these kids are annoying as hell! Why doesn't anyone get the message?

Tom sat in a tall white chair 6 feet from the pool. And it was right where the sun shone the most.
Susan on the other hand, was across the pool right under a shady tree.
That. Bitch.

Tom clutched onto his whistle, looking for the perfect victim to yell at.

There- a kid is about to dive in the shallow end!

Tweet!

"Hey! No diving in that end!"

The kid rolled his eyes.

Tom didn't care, he is just waiting for the perfect time to send a kid in pool prison.

Pool prison is the chain linked area about 3 feet to the right of Tom. When you get tweeted at 3 times, you get sent there for 5-15 minutes. Been to pool prison 3 times and you are banned.
Its absolutely ridiculous, but this is the only public pool in town.
And Tom really, really, wants to send a kid in pool prison.

Another one!

Tweet!

"No running near the pool!"

The boy looked back at Tom. He was around his age, with a nice build-up. He had caramel hair in two spikes and silver eyes. His eyes seemed to pierce right trough Tom, even if it was just a side glance.
Those eyes. . . Tom wants to see those eyes look directly at him with-

Tom felt his face heat up, and his heart began to race.

The boy ignored Tom, and began jogging back to the deep end.

What the absolute hell just happened to him?

(Yo sorry this chapter is short. Also, I don't know if pool prison is actually a thing or its just something I saw in Gravity Falls lol)