Chapter 18

"God damn it, the pig is escaping!" Tord yelled on the other line, Tom laughing in response.

It was about two days before senior year would start. Tom and Tord were playing minecraft online together while calling.

Edd and Matt were also playing an hour ago, but left the call.

Tord's avatar whacked an innocent pig with a sword, killing it.

"Jeez Tord, you could've put it back in the pin with a carrot."

"No, this pig needed punishment."

Tom laughed again.
He went back to finishing their joint house, yes joint house, in a peaceful state.

"Hey Tord? What are you going to in senior year?"

"What I do every year. Play 'lone wolf' because I have zero friends and a reputation to beat up other students."

"Ah, cool. . ."

"What about you?" Tord placed the last wood block on the W.I.P garden.

"Well, I hope to get a band started with Edd and Matt. Edd's on drums and Matt's the other guitarist. We need a lead singer though, so it might take a while."

"Good luck on that- Oh I have to go my mom is calling me." Tord said, exiting the minecraft world and call.

Tom fell back on his couch, sighing. This felt so different from when they were together. It was both a pro and con. The good thing was Tord couldn't see Tom and how embarrassingly clumsy he was around him, but Tom couldn't see Tord being his cute self.
At least he gets to talk to him. That's so much better than nothing.

Tord walks into the kitchen, seeing his mother take out a wrapped cheeseburger from McDonalds.

"Sorry Tord. I got home to late to make you something." She said, her voice raspy.

"It's fine mom. Have the medications been working?" Tord asked, pulling out a chair.

"Yes. They only make me a little tired." She replied, sitting down across from him.

Andrea has been sick for two months now. Tord has been keeping her healthy as he can, and checks up on her daily. When it's him and his mom against the world, they have to support one another.

"Edd: Good morning! First day of school!"
"Paul: First day back at college >:/"
It was 7:36 and the group chat was already buzzing.

"Tord: Haha I have school in two hours" 
"Tom: I have to walk. So glad this is the last lame year."
"Matt: I'm waiting at the bus for Edd, he always late."
"Yuu: I an interview today :D"
"Patryck: STOP SPAMMING I JUST WOKE UP"
"Matt: Good luck Yuu!"
"Paul: WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU JUST WOKE UP?!"

Tom turned off the phone, not wanting his phone going off anymore. He put on his backpack, waving to his parents before he left.

Within 15 minutes he was at school, waiting for Edd and Matt.

They walked out of the school bus, holding hands.

"OoOo, look whose out." Tom joked, Matt being red as can be and Edd looking like he snagged a million bucks.

"Yes. I want the world to know that Matt is mine." Edd said proudly.
"Eedddd" 
(Yo but like Dom Edd is a blessing, even tho I believe EddMatt is the switch ship, Dom Edd is no cap so freaking good)

"Hey Tomm~~"

Tom groaned before turning to see the obnoxious Susan. She wore some black and white clothing (whatever tickles you ;) but also comment to me what she's wearing it'd make my day) and wore her hair in a bun. She wore a lot less makeup than junior year, thats for sure.

"So Tom, I was wondering if-" She stopped, looking directly at Edd and Matt's locked hands.

Matt started to sweat profusely, while Edd just coughed. "Yeah we're gay, keep scrolling."

"Okay. . ." She started to trail off, before re-assembling. "So Tom! Do you want to see Insane Zombie Pirates From Hell 4 with me?" 

"No-" "He already saw it with his boyfriend, Susan." Edd interrupted.

"His what?"
"Edd! Tord isn't my boyfriend!" Tom glowed.

Edd made a devilish laugh before whipping out his phone. He rapidly scrolled through his camera roll before pulling up an image. He shoved the screen in Susan's face, showing her a picture of Tom and Tord eating ice cream together on 4th of July.

"They are so cute together!!" Matt squealed. 
"I know! If only Patryck didn't come in. They would have totally kissed!"
"STOP TALKING ABOUT TORD LIKE THAT! GIVE ME YOUR PHONE!"

Susan's heart sank as the trio fought over the phone.

"Wha. . . What do you mean. . ." She said, a bitter taste in her voice.

Edd turned around, laughing a little bit. "Tom is interested in someone else, Susan!"

"What?" Her voice was barley loud enough to be heard, tears glazing over her beige eyes.

People started to look, as Edd snatched his phone.
"B-But what makes him better than me?!!" Her voice raised, the sound getting squeaky.  

"Maybe the fact he has a penis." Matt said under his breathe.

Tom walked up to Susan, crossing his arms.
"Maybe the fact he actually cares for me, and I actually care for him." 

The tears started to build up, threatening to fall.

"We actually get along, he isn't super clingy, he trusts me, oh! And not to mention he has never betrayed me before-"

Pearls of rejection fell to her cheeks, dragging her eye makeup along.
She balled, running straight to the girl's bathroom.

"'Not to mention he's super hooott'" Edd said in a mocking voice.
"EDD I SWEAR-"

God. . . These hallways feel sick.
People started to back away and whisper as Tord walked through the halls.

Tord sighed. This was so numbingly normal that it had zero effect on him at this point.

He walked to his first period, already hearing the shit show unfolding from within the class.

"That's it! I'm outta here!!" He heard a squeaky voice yell, and out walked a small boy with small black eyes and smooth brown hair. His name was Jon. (You seriously thought I could write a whole fic about EW and NOT add the neighbors? Fool.) 

Tears pricked the corners of his angry eyes. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw Tord.

"uIuAhHhH-" "God, I'm not going to bite you." Tord rolled his eyes and walked in the class. He saw two pricks, Eduardo and Mark, scoff. Tord recalls beating the shit out of them in 7th grade, but decided to ignore them.

He can already feel it. Senior year is going to be shit.