Chapter 12

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

"No No No No. Nope. Nu-uh. THIS IS NOT HAPPENING!!"

Tom screamed in his head, over and over.

Whatever he just said, 'love of my life,' HE DIDN'T MEAN IT!!

That's. . . What he kept telling himself.

That night with Tord made Tom feel something, and he is determined it wasn't love.

And thank god that weirded his parents enough to let him off the hook.

"But as you know, Tom falls hard in love." Matt said, slipping a 'I <3 M@' sticker on his bicycle helmet.

"Yeah, with Susan and all. . . For their first date he got her white flowers that had painted black checkers on them. I swear I told him not to. . ." Edd replied, fastening his lime helmet on his head.

"You need to shut the hell up! This is major important. I'm only telling you two this because I know you two know me." Tom growled.

All Tom had told them was that he and Tord cleaned the pool, had a contest, and that's it. Not the conversations that made his heart flutter, Tord's adorable giggle, how Tord trusts him, his swimsuit-

Tom choked on his words, banging his head against his black helmet.

Edd sighed. "Whether you want to admit it or not Thomas, you obviously have a crush on this guy."

"Just man up and admit it!" Matt groaned. "Okay, let's goooo"

It was June 30th, one of the only days the pool closed. It was closed because it was Mr. Hilarson's birthday, and he visits his family that day. Why not get a substitute boss? No one knows why not.

Tom, Matt, and Edd decided to go on a biking trip today as a very much needed get-together.

"Wait a second. . . Tom, aren't you straight?"

"Matt, that doesn't matter now-"

"I'M NOT GAYYYY" Tom shouted, pumping the bike pedal.

Tord sat on the bench, waiting for Paul and Patryck.

He knew they were going to bring their cigarettes and beers, and Tord really didn't want to deal with that.

Tord was aware of most things, he was very mature for his age. He picked up on who hated him and who didn't quickly, and he also figured out how those opinions change. But they were some things we was oblivious about, like his own feelings.

He was hurt by that divorce, but he acts now as if it doesn't affect him today.
He still wants to punch brats in the nose, and kick the living shit out of them, but acts as if he doesn't.
He knows he's gay. He acts like he doesn't.
And he also acts like all of these drugs Paul and Patryck take around him doesn't make him upset.

"Tordieeeeee" Paul cooed, plopping down next to him, Patryck following.

"Hey Paul."

Paul took out the small cardboard box of cigarettes, placing one in his mouth.

He stuck out the box to Tord, as an offering.

Tord shook his head. "No thanks. I don't want any of that."

Paul nodded, and stuffed them back in his pocket. Damn, that was quicker than usual. . .

Patryck sighed.

"Tord. Tell us."

Tord turned to him, confused.

"What do you mean?"

"What's going on. Tell us now." Patryck bit down on his cigarette, gritting his teeth.

"What?! I don't know what you mean!" Tord began to raise his voice.

"You have been in a weird funk Tord. . . We know more happened than what you said did." Paul replied, taking a shaky puff from his cigarette.

Tord began to feel sick. The sinking in his stomach reached deep inside, deep enough to make him remember all the things he desperately needed to forget. 

Tord gagged, arching forward in his seat.

He ran to the beach's bathrooms, into the stall, and vomited. 

Paul and Patryck chased him, and finally reached the bathroom.

"Tord! Are you okay?!"

"Bleghh! Acck!"

"Jesus Christ, what the hell happened?" Paul groused to himself, shaking his head.

Don't remember. . . Please don't. . .

The room was full of smoke, the thick in it was absolutely choking.
Their eyes were dilated, and a crusted red.

Three figures in that room, two Tord didn't recognize, the other his father.

They were high. High and addicted, and Tord could feel the sick in the room.

"Dad?"

His father's face felt distorted and ruined, Tord wasn't able to think straight at all.

He remembers seeing his dad in rehab, and seeing his mom with a disgusted face full to the brim with hatred.

Don't remember! Forget it! Forget this ever happened! Please!  

"Bleaaaaghhh!"

Paul and Patryck picked Tord up, and drove him home. It was too soon for Tord to talk about anything relating to this. . .

After dropping Tord off and getting him in bed, (He's sick ya'll.) they went back into the car.

Paul was in the passenger seat, Patryck driving.
Paul looked out the window, disheartened by what he saw.
Patryck gripped onto the wheel.

"Tord is important to us. Whatever the hell happened to him, we will know." He said through gritted teeth.

"Patryck, maybe it's better if we don't-"

"No!" Patryck barked. 
"We're going to help."