12 | He's a lonely boy.

•••

IT WAS 3:00 AM WHEN, THREE GASPED harshly, sitting straight up after experiencing a nightmare, which was normal for the teenage girl, but they still bother her

IT WAS 3:00 AM WHEN, THREE GASPED harshly, sitting straight up after experiencing a nightmare, which was normal for the teenage girl, but they still bother her. She looks to her right seeing her brother on the couch sleeping peacefully before looking next to her seeing Five sleeping with a scowl on his face causing the girl to laugh.

She sat up, her bones cracking from the hard floor, the group had agreed to sleep together instead of in separate rooms in case something happened, they would be able to protect each other.

Like they always have, but this time they didn't have Twelve to be the person they mostly protected. The teen knew he was probably safe, he had Eleven to watch him from what she knew.

But she was still saddened about being separated from the boy who was like a little brother to her.

Earlier they had found a radio and tried contacting Eleven or Twelve but they didn't get a response from them, making the group lose a little hope, but they were determined to get their friends back.

She was snapped out of her daze when Five stirred in his sleep, slowly sitting up, he mumbled. "You okay?"

Three smiled, nodding her head. "Yeah, just a nightmare."

Five sighed, nodding along, knowing they all have nightmares about the lab, all the tests down on them.

He always had nightmares about the tests, like the one time Dr. Brenner had Four and Twelve blast him with fire, seeing how fast and far he could teleport which caused him to almost being burned to a crisp because Four wasn't really in control of his powers, and the blonde boy still struggles with it.

Three and Five snap their heads to the window of the cabin as they hear rustling outside. Five looked at the girl, holding a finger up to his lips, shushing her before pointing to Four who was still sleeping.

Three nodded and goes to wake up her brother while Five teleports outside to see what's going on.

Four wakes up, looking up at his sister, "What--"

The two gasp as they hear a familiar screech before the familiar blinding blue flashes and Five's in front of them with a scared look in his eye.

And when Five is scared, you should be too, because the green-eyed boy never gets scared, especially like this.

"We need to get out of here!" Five stated, grabbing their old gowns throwing them away, before hurriedly walking back to his friends.

"You don't have enough energy for that." Three exclaimed, looking at the boy with wide eyes.

Four looked between the two, "Then we run."

They all shared a look as the air grew tense and it grew silent. All of a sudden, a loud screech reached their ears causing them to wince before nodding at each other before they all ran out the front door.