19 | My Dusty...

•••

ALL THE KIDS SAT on the bleachers in silence

ALL THE KIDS SAT on the bleachers in silence. Joyce and Hopper had left and gone to the lab going to bring back Will which worried Levi to no end. Levi jumped as Mike suddenly stood up, running out of the gym. Twelve looked towards Dustin in confusion but Dustin just shrugged.

Levi handed Klaus to Dustin, the boy taking it with a chuckled and they started playing. Five watched them in amusement, knowing Dustin doesn't really want to play but does it anyway. They all turn when the door opens loudly seeing Mike run back in.

"They're gone." Mike panted, looking at the group, Lucas squinted at the boy. "What?"

"Nancy and Jonathan. His cars gone."

"They're probably just sucking face somewhere." Dustin stated, shrugging while handing Klaus back to Levi, who held the bear and octopus close to his chest, smiling softly.

"No. No, way!" Mike exclaimed as Twelve looked at them confused while Five looked amused.

"Did they go with the chief?" Dustin asked.

"I don't know!" Mike shouted as Five, Eleven and Twelve shared a look.

"No." Eleven said almost in a whisper, Levi and Five look towards her.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?" Mike questioned frantically as Eleven nods towards Five.

"They're going to fight the Demogorgon." Five said, feeling a sinking feeling in his stomach, knowing he won't be useful in this fight. Maybe in the future, he thought bitterly.

Mike started pacing, Dustin and Lucas getting up to stand next to him as Levi scoots closer to El, resting his head on her shoulder while Five rubs the backs of the two from behind.

"Guys, guys! This is crazy. We can't just wait around." Mike exclaimed.

"Mike, in case you forgot, we're still fugitives. The bad men are still looking for us." Lucas explained.

"Yeah, and we don't even know where your sister is." Dustin nodded.

"El can find them." Mike reasoned, pointing towards the girl.

"Mike, look at her." Dustin exclaimed and they all looked towards a pale, tired El.

Mike pursed his lips, glancing at the boy beside her, "Levi could do it."