25 | Rules

•••

IT WAS ONLY ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES after the situation went down

IT WAS ONLY ABOUT THIRTY MINUTES after the situation went down. Levi was acting completely normal and it was honestly scaring Five.

The teen had never seen so much emotion pouring out of the younger boy. Sure Levi would break down crying, all the kids did but Five never heard Twelve scream and cry till his throat was raw and aching. Neither has he seen Twelve glow bright orange. But I guess it was normal for him to see the unexplainable.

Eleven was in her room, staring at the static on the t.v intently before she put on a blindfold.

The girl knew she had to this, after what happened she felt as if it was her responsibility. El took a deep breath, concentrating on the ringing echoing in her head.

El gasped, opening her eyes and started looking around the large neverending black room, the girl walked around the water splashing under her shoes until she hears a voice echoing.

"It's been almost a year…I-i miss you, Lev. So much."

She turned, seeing Dustin on his bed looking down at a stuffed animal, her heart clenching when she realized he was holding Klaus.

Dustin cleared his throat, his voice breaking slightly. "I don't know why I even do this. It's not like you're going to hear me anyway."

El watched as Dustin held the plush close to his chest, sniffling. "And if you do. I-if you're out there. Just know...um... I'm taking care of Klaus."

Dustin let out a watery chuckle as El let a tear fall from her eye, "And I...um...have a lot of pudding for me and you to eat when--if you come back. P-please, come back." El swallowed harshly as Dustin let out a sob before everything started to fade away.

Eleven pulled the blindfold off, looking down at it with teary eyes, wondering if she should check on Mike too, but she threw the cloth, grabbing her jacket.

Five and Levi share a confused look when they hear a knock on their door. El peeks her head in, before coming in fully. "Leaving. Come on."

Five gaped at the girl, sarcastically smiling. "Um...excuse me? We're not supposed to leave."

Eleven glanced at him, shaking her head. "Mike needs me. Dustin wants Levi back."

Levi looked up from Ben, furrowing his brows, feeling his stomach churn at the girls' words.

Five shook his head frantically as he watched Levi put his jacket on, "No! No! I know what you're doing! You can't do this. And how dare you use Dustin against him."

Eleven ignored the boy, grabbing Levi's free hand as the other held Ben and the two walked into the living room with Five shouting behind them.

"We have rules remember?!" Five yelled, "Rule one: always keep the curtains closed."