26 | mama?

•••

BY THE TIME the four got back to the cabin, it was nighttime

BY THE TIME the four got back to the cabin, it was nighttime. Six had hidden away into Ben hours ago in boredom.

When the three stood in front of the cabin they could see Hopper smoking a cigarette in the dark, all of them knew they were in trouble, but El will probably take most of the heat because of Hopper knowing Five only tagged along in stuff to protect the younger ones and Levi just follows El blindly.

Eleven walks past the boys, into the cabin, ignoring Hopper.

Five walked up the small stairs with Levi tensely following behind, turning to the older man with his head held high, but the slight tremble in his voice showed his fear as Five spoke. “I’m sorry, sir.”

From behind the boy, Levi looked up with teary eyes, squeezing Ben tightly as he heard reassuring words being spoken by Six in his head.

Hopper looked between the two boys, feeling his heart clench in sadness but still feeling anger boiling in his veins. Hopper gestured to the door, making the two boys walk into the cabin wordlessly, flinching as Hopper walked in after them slamming the door behind.

Levi subconsciously grabbed onto Five’s hand, the boy squeezed back in comfort, sending a soft smile towards the blue-eyed boy.

“Go to your room,” Hopper grumbled as he made his way towards El’s room.

The two boys did as said, knowing they both were grounded. Levi sat on his bed, staring into space, flinching as he hears Eleven’s and Hopper’s shouts. Five closed the door, leaning his head against the door, taking a deep breath before turning to Twelve.

Five sighed, plopping himself next to the boy. The two boys sit in silence, sharing a look as they hear loud banging followed by Jim’s shouting.

Levi whimpered as he heard El’s door slam, shaking their room slightly, followed by El’s sobbing and a loud scream that caused all the windows in the cabin to shatter.

Twelve looked at the boy next to him in fear, Five pushed his fear down, smiling at the boy. Five lied on the bed, opening his arms. Levi let out a sob, climbing into the boy's arms. Levi laid his head on the boy's chest, sobbing into it as Five grabbed the blanket, putting it over them, grabbing Ben and putting the plush beside Levi and pulling Twelve closer, kissing the boy's forehead with a sigh.

•••

It was the next morning and the three were cleaning up the mess El made last night.

When Levi and Five woke up, they were surprised when they walked out of their room, seeing broken glass all over the floor, the tall bookshelf toppled over all the books, board games, and movies spread out on the ground as well as Hopper nailing boards to the glassless windows.