34 | Blue Bears & Red Men

•••

IT WAS NIGHTTIME

IT WAS NIGHTTIME. They were all still riding in the large van, Levi was bored out of his mind, not that you could blame him. Leaning his head on Five’s shoulder, Six had stopped rambling about random things long ago, the ghost eventually getting bored too, causing Levi being left in silence, only a little hum in the back of his head.

Five was going through his bag from the book shop, reading one of the books that Richie bought him, ignoring everyone around him, sometimes turning his head to whisper about the book, or an occasional kiss plant on Levi’s forehead when he hears the blue-eyed boy sigh loudly.

The two were confused as the rest of the group grew more and more excited about finally almost reaching their destination. They still didn’t know what they were doing, and now apparently they needed to wear masks to do it judging by how Dottie threw two extra masks near them.

Five was growing even wearier than before, he was always alert with new people (other than Eddie and Richie obviously) but he thought he could trust them since Eleven was having a good time and judging by how she acted around the band of misfits, trusted them. But as they pulled up to an unfamiliar apartment complex, Five decided maybe he should have judged them a bit more.

Five glanced around seeing everyone putting on their masks, even Levi put on his with a dash of hesitance, even in the bad situation they might be in Five held in a coo at his friend as Levi put the blue carebear mask on, looking towards the green-eyed boy for approval.

Five shook his head, placing his book inside the bag again, before placing the mask Dottie gave him on his face, she explained that the plain white mask reminded her of him because in her words he is well...plain, which he hid his offense to.

The group started scrambling out of the van everyone except Mick, of course. Levi snorted as Axel almost fell out of the van, quickly shutting up when Axel glared his way.

Levi goes to follow behind the group but stayed back as he sees Five looking up at the apartment hesitantly. Levi steps closer to the boy, grabbing the older boy’s hand and giving it a soft squeeze.

“I don’t have a good feeling about this.” Five stated, turning his head to look at his best friend.

Levi shook off the feeling in his stomach, smiling gently at the green-eyed boy, “It’s okay.” he whispered, pulling Five to follow him, catching up to the group who were now sneaking into an apartment.

The two boys followed behind the group, Levi looked around the apartment in curiosity, turning at he hears a crackling of static coming from the tv in the other room, glancing he saw El’s glare behind her mask, coming to the conclusion that she was doing it.

He followed the group absentmindedly, not listening to a word Kali was saying to the chunky bearded man who lived here, Levi was to busy looking around the living space.