35 | Pretty People

•••

THEY WERE ON YET ANOTHER BUS

THEY WERE ON YET ANOTHER BUS. Five was exhausted from using his powers and was slightly embarrassed by it.

He was lying down on the bus bench with his head in Levi's lap, the blue-eyed boy tracing his finger lightly along Five's features while El sat in the row behind them, looking out the window.

Before they got on the bus with the last of their money, Eleven had to reassure Five that it was okay he couldn't teleport them the whole way back to Hawkins because she didn't want the boy to hurt himself, he had never teleported that many people at once and she knew he wouldn't make it far if he tried bringing them home.

Levi looked down, smiling softly at Five who was cuddling Ben close to his chest since Twelve let him, glancing towards the comic hanging out of Five's bag that Levi put in there.

Moving carefully to not wake the sleeping teen, Levi plucked the comic out of the pocket, leaning back with a sigh.

He stared at the cover, the picture of heroes reminding him of Dustin, making his heart clench. As he remembered what Richie told him, the boy curiously opened it, seeing a folded piece of paper fall from in between the pages.

Twelve furrowed his brows, picking up and unfolding the paper, feeling his lips twitch into a smile and his heart swarm with warmth as he read it.

'Hey, little dude, I just wanted to let you know, me and Eddie are here for you, and I'm not really into these chick flick moments but I care for you, blah blah blah. You have a lot of people who care for you according to Felix, not counting me or Eddie, but anyway, you're going to be okay.

Ps. And if someone messes with you, call me and I'll kick their ass.

*** *** **** ;) '

•••

"My back hurts!" Five complained, trying to rub his back to relieve some of the pain as they walked through the dark and silent woods.

Eleven didn't look up at the whine, just raising an eyebrow while watching her white converse stomp on the crunching leaves."You're fault. You tired yourself out, we could've ran."

Five rolled his eyes, "It got us out faster." he shrugged, mumbling under his breath, causing El and Levi to share a glance.

They walked in silence for a few moments before Five finally questioned, throwing his hands up in the air. "So when we get there, what's the plan?"

Eleven continued walking, looking around the woods cautiously, "I close gate. You and Levi stay."

Levi shook his head vigorously, "I can help."

The three stopped in the middle of the woods, the only light source coming from the moonlight leaking through the tall trees.

El placing her hands on the boy's shoulders looking into his eyes. "I know. But I need to do this. You need to stay with Dustin."