20. Gentleness of Doctor Ai

It was a rare windless sunny day. In the hospital, the fox fur on the brim of Zhishu He's hat looked vivid and warm in the sunlight. Ziyu Ai couldn't help stretching out his hand to touch it, staring at Zhishu He with his bright dark brown eyes.

"What's the matter, doctor?" Zhishu He turned to him, and the baggy collar exposed his fair neck.

"Look," Ziyu Ai said with a sudden smile. He wrapped that ring of fox fur around the cheeks of Zhishu He, "Aren't you like a baby tiger now?"

Zhishu He burst out laugher, not expecting that a doctor would have such a good sense of humor.

But soon he stopped laughing. The pain he suffered during the chemotherapy was even greater than that of the last time. Zhishu He's sideburns got wet by sweat for pain; he vomited so heavily that he could even not keep his waist straight. Zhishu He could only refrain himself from making a sound when he suffered such severe pain. Ziyu Ai called his name softly in the distance. Hearing someone call him, Zhishu He slowly raised his head after quite a while, opened his moistened eyes, and squeezed two words out of his quivering lips, "It hurts..."

Hearing that, Ziyu Ai felt a sharp pain in his heart. In fact, he lied to Zhishu He, who was so thin and feeble that he was not at all like a weak baby tiger, but more like a kitten, whose little paws were not well used and any bit of carelessness could make himself hurt easily.

"Have a rest in my office," Ziyu Ai brought Zhishu He to his office. "I'll prescribe you some medicine."

Zhishu He felt weak all over, without a little strength, so he did not refuse Ziyu Ai. But to his surprise, .... Click the external link to read the whole chapter 20 ↓