C27. I Love You, but Don't Treat Me as a Fool...

"What's wrong?" Wenxu Jiang held Zhishu He's face, full of inquiry in his eyes. "You are so strange all this while."

Zhishu shook his head, and felt hurt on his cheeks due to thin callus of Wenxu's hands.

"Do you blame me for neglecting you? Are you angry with me?" Wenxu said in a tone as the way of soothing a child, with a little bit bantering sense in the voice. "Now I'm back, right?"

Zhishu raised his eyes and stared at Wenxu. The gaze was too complicated, but just for a moment, his eyes drooped again. He looked innocent and lovable with his thick and long eyelashes quietly covering the eyes. It seemed that the cold and sharp disappointment flashing across his eyes was just Wenxu's illusion.

Zhishu had always been gentle and soft; even so, just like now, he dropped his eyes, but at that moment he was arrogant and his manner was cold and distant to the extreme; such a gaze like a thorn tortured Wenxu Jiang.

Wenxu suddenly remembered the call from Zhishu when Jiang was in France that afternoon. He was not sure if Zhishu heard Zui Shen's voice. He should actually give a perfect explanation to Zhishu. But Zhishu didn't ask anything about it, so Wenxu definitely couldn't explain. When the call finished that day, Wenxu became so angry in his heart somehow. He directly turned a cold shoulder to Zui Shen. What Wenxu hated most was the lovers wanted to replace his couple- Zhishu, the only one he loved and accepted. No one deserved his love, except Zhishu. When Zui Shen talked back on that day, Wenxu Jiang directly gave him a slap across the face and a ticket back to China. After Zui Shen left, Wenxu was indeed handling the work in France.

Wenxu guessed that Zhishu was suspicious of him, but did not expect the result was so serious.

"Honey, I am wrong," Wenxu held Zhishu's face and gently kissed his eyebrows and cheeks. "My fault... I've neglected you. I'll take you out on New Year's Day, wherever you want to go..."

Wenxu kissed Zhishu, but Zhishu said nothing, looking up at Wenxu with his long eyelashes fluttering like a butterfly's wings.

Wenxu's heart was melted, and all the apologies and guilt were rushing into his heart. He became much gentler, "Little Shu...I love you the most, so please don't ignore me...Click below external links to see the whole chapter 27