C84. Extra: Assistant Song

Ten years ago, I was looking for jobs when I graduated from college, Wenxu Jiang's company was the first company I worked in. Back then, the company was much smaller than now and Wenxu Jiang was not the man like this day.

I saw Zhishu He quite often at the time. He was a careful, gentle person who never got angry, he handled things thoroughly and perfectly. He was proficient at everything, and even often needed to wipe Wenxu Jiang's ass after dealing with his own problems.

One time, I caught them kissing in the tea room with the door half-opened. I then knew they were a gay couple. Fine by me though, they were both great. They made a perfect match, and didn't give a strange feeling at all. They were really nice to each other, even I envied them sometimes. Homosexual or heterosexual, being so in love with each other was really admirable.

Wenxu Jiang loved Zhishu He very much. I could tell by his eyes. He never attempted to conceal his feelings; he always looked at Zhishu He passionately. Wenxu Jiang had a bad temper. Every time he got mad, I would always hide in Zhishu He's office. Gradually, Wenxu Jiang became nicer and nicer to me. I even pulled his leg, "Boss, why are you getting nice?" I asked.

"I don't want you to have thoughts on Zhishu He after you two spend so much time together." He replied.

I thought Wenxu Jiang was super cute, even when he was jealous. He was so possessive like a dog to its bone. To be honest, I thought even everyone else in the world changed, Wenxu Jiang wouldn't change his heart. Never in a million years did I believe Wenxu Jiang would become the man he was afterwards.

The company kept growing. Thanks to preferential policies made by the government, we got a lot of contracts. We later bought a whole new office building downtown and hired many new faces. But I suddenly realized that Zhishu He hadn't shown up for a long time.

I really didn't know what happened. I figured it out after asking Wenxu Jiang quite a few circuitous questions. Zhishu He was kept at home. Wenxu Jiang probably just didn't want him tired or something. I was just astounded. A man had to wait for another man to come home? What was this? A man wasn't supposed to be wasted like this! How could Zhishu He be happy anyway? He was so confident when he killed in those bidding speeches, when he talked businesses in a suit. Keeping him at home would only rot this man!

Wenxu Jiang became more and more stubborn. When Zhishu He was around, he could at least pretend to be nice and democratic, while now he couldn't wait to show his iron tyranny and supreme authority. But it was fine. As long as the company was making money, it didn't matter how he ran it. But we estranged from each other. We used to joke around and were sorta friends. Now he was the boss, while I was the assistant simple as that.

It was about three or four years ago when I first saw Wenxu Jiang take a boy out for dinner. That boy couldn't be Wenxu Jiang's first. It was kinda funny that I didn't know why Wenxu Jiang kept his boyfriends away from me at first? And then he was all straightforward with me when he found that I didn't intend to tell Zhishu He anything.

I kinda felt Wenxu Jiang had changed by then. I thought to myself, "Why is he doing shit like this in their tenth year while nothing happened during their seven-year itch?"

During that time, Wenxu Jiang went really far. Men or women, he was all fine. In that one craziest week, he had three different partners. He had this wild life for several months until one time, a young girl came to the company to find Wenxu Jiang. He got a phone call from Zhishu He when he was about to leave.

Zhishu He barely called Wenxu Jiang, and there he called coincidently. I observed Wenxu Jiang in secret. That man was unexpectedly shocked. He then quickly walked away from that girl. When Wenxu Jiang picked up the call, he got into such a weirdly gentle state and said, "Zhishu, what's the matter? I've been busy lately. ... Are you alright? ... I will be home tonight, anything you want? ... Sure, love you."