Episode 16

The next morning, I woke up with a smile on my face. Lately, nagiging pala-ngiti ako and I can't help it. I may look weird but it's just . . . a thing I can't avoid these past few days. Hindi ko talaga alam kung bakit. It's just really weird for me . . .

Noong bumangon na ako, halos lumuwa ang aking mga mata sa nakita. The letter. The letter of my future self is sitting innocently on my bed-side table!

It was the reason why I felt a sudden panic. Spero Futurae! He entered my room while I am asleep? It's fucking scary!

Ginulo ko ang buhok ko, imbes na mainis kay Spero Futurae ay i-finocus ko na lang ang utak doon sa letter. Without any hesitations, I started to pull the letter out of the envelope.

With no expectations, I started reading it.

To Margot

I was there.

I was always there.

I was always there whenenever Marco is breaking down into pieces. I was always there but I fail to be there as his comfort against the world.

I was there but I just can't deliver.

My will is always halted by my hesitations. I am always hesitant when it comes to him. Because deep down I knew, I am afraid to tell the world they are bull. I was just really afraid to face the truth even if it's slapping me already.

Bumuga ako nang malalim na hininga.

I will never be like you. Never.

It was the greatest regret that will forever kill me. If ever I did not stay on my own shadow of fear, I would've saved Marco.

Buhay pa sana siya ngayon.

If it wasn't for my own fear, Marco and I could've been something . . . something great that I will never expect.

Now, Margot. That was the thing I don't want you to commit. I want you to protect Marco at all cost. I want you to be his torch as he continues to fade. Be the light. Be that brightest light and lighten his slowly-crashing world.

Make him your priority.

Help him.

He badly needs help.

And I am afraid, you are the only one who can do it.

You are his one and only chance.

His one last chance to continue. To live. To fully live. To stay alive.

I let out all the air from my lungs. Never thought I've been holding my breath for a long moment.

I blinked.

Then closed my eyes.

And as soon as I saw nothing but darkness, I knew and I am aware that I have to do this. I have to win this mission. I have to win against Marco's painful destiny.

I should win.

I will win.

And yes, I am winning.