Chapter 5

I whimpered softly as the pain intensified, slowly becoming unbearable. I knew this day would come but I wasn't expecting it this soon. It wasn't supposed to happen until my 18th birthday in a week. I can't let them know my secret. The only one that knows is Slender, but that's because he was friends with mom, Elaina. He knows to keep it secret... he can help me...

"Slender!" I yelled, my voice becoming laced with pain. I can feel the change happening with my teeth now. I lifted my clawed hands to my mouth to hide my teeth.

Slenderman rushed into the room and came to my side immediately.

"What is it, ch-..." he didn't finish his sentence when he caught sight of my hands. He knew immediately what was happening. "I thought you said you had until next week." said Slender quickly as he took my free hand and examined it.

"I did. Its happening early." I said, my voice strained.

"What's happening early?!" shouted Jeff angrily, making me flinch.

"Don't yell." I snapped at him, my anger rising quickly. Jeff moved without me anticipating what he was going to do and moved my hand away from my mouth. His eyes widened as he released my hand.

I knew what he saw and I wasn't happy that he had seen. He saw my teeth like that of a large cat. He backed away from me, fear in his eyes.

I shook my head to hold back tears of both pain and something else before running up the stairs, breakfast forgotten. Slender was close behind me.

***

I've been locked in my room all day now, stifling my screams in my pillow as my transformation continued. If mom were here, she would be helping me through this. Grandma could help, but shes across the world right now, she wont make it.

It's been two full days and I haven't left the room at all. BEN would occasionally knock on the door and see if I'm OK, but I would never answer him. I would even have sudden fits of anger, so my room is now a wreck with deep gouges in the walls, shredded curtains, the armoire is broken, and my light is shattered.

I released one final scream into my pillow before the pain started to die down and I ended up crying my heart out, not caring who heard anymore.

An hour passed before I finally stopped crying and got out of bed. I walked to the bathroom to examine the changes, but I sadly broke that light too. I opened the door and stepped in front of the mirror and could see my eyes glowing in my reflection. I sighed and left the bathroom.

When I gained enough courage, I walked towards the door to the hall slowly and jumped backwards when someone knocked on it suddenly.

"BEN?" I asked.

"No, sorry I'm not your little boyfriend, but Slendy sent me up to check on you when your screaming finally stopped." said Jeff. I wasn't expecting him to be the one to come knocking because of our history, but his words stung.

"I'm fine. I'm..." I hesitated. "I'm coming out." I said as I took the door knob in my hands and began to turn it. I could only wait to see how my friends treat me after they find out what I am.

[The picture at the top is Briar's eyes, by the way.]