Grey

I picked up the grey envelope, my heart racing. I pilled out the small card and read it.

Meet me out back my little princess after supper. :)

I smiled getting very excited about what he could have planned for tonight.

***

Dinner is over, so I ran upstairs and took a fast shower. I brushed my teeth and brushed out my hair, leaving it down in curls. I got dressed fairly quickly as well ( 1382601884926 ).

I put on my black boots and dashed out back. I looked around and couldn't find my clown. I started to worry that I was tricked.

I was about to turn around when a pair of arms wrapped aound my waist.

"Hello, princess." said L.J. with a chuckle. I smiled and leaned back against his chest.

"Hi, Jack." I said. I was so excited, I couldn't wait to see what he had planned.

L.J. took my hand and led me towards the woods.

***

After a while of walking and laughing, we entered a clearing with a hill in the middle of it. I could see the stars coming through the blackened sky as Laughing Jack led me towards the hill. We laid down side by side on the hill top and watched as the stars appeared.

We stayed like that for a long while, occasionally pointing out a shooting star or constellation. I scooted myself closer to him and rested my head on his shoulder. I smiled as his arms wrapped around my waist. I closed my eyes, but reopened them when I felt Jack shift. I became nervous a bit when his hand covered my eyes.

"Briar..." he uncovered my eyes revealing a beautiful emerald and gold ring. "...Will you be mine till death do us part?"

"Yes." I said with a bright smile spreading across my cheeks and tears spilling from my eyes. I watched him smile brightly and slide the ring on my left ring finger. I pulled his face to mine and kissed him with all the passion and love I had in me.

2 Years Later

It's been a lovely two years since L.J. and I got married. Our son, Gage is two, and we have a daughter on the way. Her name will be Ridley. We had moved to the Dark Carnival and we are happy with our growing family.

The End

"And that was Granny and Grandpa's story." I said to my daughter, Lyra.

"So that's Granny Briar's story?" asked my nephew, Tyler.

"Yes kiddo, that's the story." said my brother, Gage. Our lives wouldn't be here if mom had chosen differently.