Destiny - Before the explosion

<Wolf's POV>

I walked into the large room with Markus, "Okay, so what are we here to get again?" I asked.

"A Vex mind core" Mark responded. "Okay, so. Kill a Vex mind, and take it's heart, got it" I responded, drawing my hand-cannon.

'Be careful, we don't know how strong this one is' My Ghost warned. 'We will be fine' I sighed.

I walked forwards for five Vex Hydras to teleport in. "Shit!" Mark yelled as we opened fire on them, the bullets just bounced off. 

"Run!" I yelled and me and Mark ran to the exit, just for the opening to collapse. "Crap!"

Behind the Hydras a Vex gate opened, we can use it to escape.

"Through the gate!" I shouted and we ran towards it, barely getting past the Hydras and we jumped through.

We were teleported into another Vex structure, which had more Vex. Which we killed and we ran, tracking the Vex Mind.

We almost fell off a bridge, the Mind was on the other side.

Mark took out Thunderlord and opened fire, I activated Chaos Reach and fired the beam of pure Arc light at it.

It turned around and charged at us, but it fell due to the damage we caused to it.

Mark jumped up and activated Nightstalker's bow and fired at it, the Void light bolts killing it.

"Yeah! we got it!" I yelled, punching the air.

Mark chuckled and walked over to the dead machine. "Hopefully we didn't destroy it's core" he said as he reached inside of it's chest, then pulled out a glowing metal orb. "Good, it's in one piece" he said as he jumped down.

"Now, how do we get out of here?" I asked.

He went to speak but the Vex mind behind him slowly got up, then threw him off the bridge, and fired at me, causing me to fall off with him.

Before we could land and break every bone in our bodies, the Vex core lit up and detonated, the blast got both of us.