Imperfect Harmony

<Colin's POV>

"Okay...What did you call us out for, at five in the morning?" Mark asked, yawning.

"Well, we found something out about the Dragon Eye, Toothless, do your thing" I said to Toothless. The Dragon Eye was sitting on a stool, Toothless standing next to it.

Toothless nodded and breathed a low flame into the Dragon Eye, causing the purple map from last night to be projected onto the wall.

There was a mass of 'woah's and such. "Definitely worth getting up for" Fishlegs said.

"Fishlegs, BT, Maverick, can any of you make these out?" Hiccup asked. "They're parts of maps and symbols. Nothing I've seen before and there is writing but it is in a language I've never read before" Fishlegs answered, "NO, WE CANNOT, WE HAVE NEVER SEEN ANY SYMBOLS OR TEXT LIKE THIS" The two Titans responded.

"What's that thing?" Snotlout asked, pointing to a symbol from the projection. "That must be some kind of tribal crest or something" Hiccup responded.

"Ooh, I like that way better than our tribal crest" Tuffnut said. "Tuff, we don't have a tribal crest"

"Well, we should!" Ruffnut responded. "Yeah, and it should be that" Tuffnut said.

"Guys, focus" I muttered.

"Hiccup, this map, you realise it.." Fishlegs started "Goes beyond the boundaries of the archipelago. Oh I know" Hiccup finished.

<Maverick's POV>

"Look at this. There are maps we have never seen, writing we can't read, dragons that we don't recognise. It's incredible. This , this is proof that there is a whole other world down there, a world that must be explored" Hiccup told Berk's Council. 

"This sure beats normal council business" Gobber muttered.

"It's alright lads, you can speak your mind. We're a council after all, that's why we're here" Stoic said. "We've been at peace for three years, best years on Berk I can remember. I think you know as well as I do, when you go looking for trouble, you usually find it" One of the Vikings said.

"I'm with Spitelout, if that Dragon Eye leads to unknown places and new wild dragons then no good will come from any of that" Another said.

"I completely disagree, Sven. Look around you. How-how can you say that no good can come from discovering new species of dragons. Know if the're out there, we have to find them" Hiccup said. 

"ALSO, WITH THE UNKNOWN FACTION HUNTING US DOWN, IT WOULD BE SAFER" I added. 

"If there is anything you and the other riders should be doing is hunting down Dagur and putting him back in jail, where he belongs" Spitelout said, ignoring me.

"Also,another reason to go. Dagur was heading beyond our borders. He thinks we won't go past them. But that's where we'll find him" Hiccup said.

"Stoic, anytime you like to chime in, we can put this to rest"

"You're right, Spitelout, let's put this to rest"Stoic said.

"Dad..." Hiccup started.

"Let me speak son, this is as important for you to hear as it is for them. Spitelout, you're absolutely right. These have been some of our best years. Nothing is more important than peace, peace among us, peace with our neighbours"

Hiccup and Colin sighed.

"And peace with our dragons. Having said that, let me ask you this Spitelout, when you and I first had in our sights and everyone was trying to tell us to leave well enough alone, what did we do?" Stoic asked.