you're dead to me.

AALIYAH POV.

        I calmed myself down by taking deep breathes in and out while on my way home. i was thinking of ways for me to get back Rio's money. i couldn't go to the FBI because they specifically told me not to get involved in it. i had no one to run to in this situation all i could do was protect myself whenever Rio came to collect. 

once i arrived home i quickly went to my room and walked over to my favorite bob ross piece. it symbolized freedom and justice. i removed the painting from the wall to reveal a safe. i immediately jump as soon as i heard a voice behind me.

"we're here to collect Rio's cash." a female said. the same female that stood outside the station, watching me. two other females stood on either side of her. one with short platinum hair and the other with curly brown hair. "so Rio sent his toys today?" i asked with a small chuckle. the female that seemed to be the leader asked "what's in the safe?" she pointed out the safe drilled into the wall. i shook my head, "just something to protect myself with." i replied with a grin. 

"open it up." she ordered. "Rio said he was coming to collect tomorrow, why are you here?" i asked while beginning to unlock the safe. "i guess he changed his mind" she replied. once the safe was open i picked up my red matte pistol and pointed it at one of the females. she laughed, "it's not even loaded." she said while shaking her head.

"are you sure about that?" i asked with sarcasm as i released the barrel and shot right in between her legs. i missed the shot purposely, i just wanted to scare them away. "you're lucky Rio isn't here, aaliyah. especially since you don't have the money." she said. the gun lifted towards her head, "get out of my house!" i screamed. they all shook their head as Rio walked into the room, "yall can leave while i finish things off." he said while looking the girls. they nodded and walked off.

i immediately aimed the gun at him, "stay there, and don't move," my eyes began getting watery, "I'm sorry, i don't have the money. i-i" i was stuttering with nervousness until he cut me off. "aaliyah put the gun down, im not gonna hurt you i ju-" he started walking closer, i cut him off just as he did to me. "stay there!" i yelled feeling a couple of tears run down my cheek. 

i gripped onto the gun with two hands as my index finger rested on the trigger, "i didnt mean to lose your money okay? it was an accident." i said as my grip loosened. he immediately snatched the gun out of my grip and got closer to me. my gun pressed right against my neck, "is this what you wanted, aaliyah?" he asked while wiping my tears away with his other hand. "you asked to be a part of it right?" he asked with a small grin.

just so yall know

the females were beth

annie and ruby. in this book 

they all work for rio and are some

bad bitches ;)