strict.

RIOS POV.

              I never knew how much someone could have you wrapped around their fingers until I first started working with Aaliyah. this is something I will always hate to admit but she definitely does see my soft side more than anyone else does. the day she was almost caught in the fire, i was only there for business reasons. her father in law was paying our little tribe to protect her over the years. he never said why she needed the protection or as to how he found us , but he did. he stopped paying once his wife passed away from an unfortunate car accident but i surprisingly let it slide.

my pocket vibrated continuously until I pulled out my iPhone and read the text that one of my men were sending me. 'he's heading out earlier than expected.' '5 o clock.' 'don't bring that shawty of urs they comin w they whole crew.' 'let the other building know.' 'were down this time forget it, lose everyone or hand over the throne' 'it ain't workin'. as I read the text quickly I looked over to the time 3:42 pm. my head instantly shot up as soon as I have seen Aaliyah break down the door wearing FBI uniform. her pistol aimed right at my torso. 

as a reflex, I pulled the golden metallic pistol out of the hem of my pockets and aimed it right at her head. "don't do it, sweetheart, we both know whos more capable of pulling the trigger." I said huskily as I watched her hands shake and tears run down her cheek. "I'm not here to kill you, Rio, I'm here to take you to the prison you deserve to be in after all of these long years." she said shakily with a frown. "FBI huh? you be doing some big things out here right ma?" I asked back to back before she got the chance to say anything else. 

"I don't have a choice, this is my duty. put the gun down or it's not going to end pretty." she threatened with the tears still running down her cheek. "you backstabbing bitch, after doing all I did for you, this is what I get?" I yelled as I walked closer slowly. my other hand pulled back the barrel, making a small noise. "I had no choice! I could end up in prison for ending two lives! you told me not to trust you so here I am." she replied instantly. "why are you shaking for? you nervous?" I didn't want to push her anger too much otherwise I knew she was capable of pulling the trigger. "put the gun down," she shouted, "and you will walk out of here unharmed, Rio." I shook my head slowly "Darlin, after all the information I spoke out to you, you gon' do us all wrong? you put the gun down and stand with us or you walk out of here. I ain't goin nowhere." 

BANG! BANG! BANG!

i didnt know how to really describe a shooting that was going to remain mysterious, but if you read this little section as well, that was supposed to be a cliff hanger. anyway thank you all for 2.8k reads! i never thought this book would come this far brb while i go cry :(