underestimated.

AALIYAHS POV.

       Rio was about to fall onto the ground until I caught him in my arms. my heart was racing and I had no clue as to what I was supposed to do. "you're going to be fine." I said softly as his head rested on my folded legs. I somehow managed to lift him onto my sofa, and right after I did so I ripped off his button-up shirt. his chest was drenched in blood and I immediately ran to get the first aid kit I had in my room.

I threw on a shirt and a pair of jeans. once I came back to him, his eyes were shut like if he was falling asleep. I slapped him hard on the face, causing him to open his eyes and groan. "I'm sorry but you have to stay awake." I told him with a frown. I only had a little experience in helping people that needed medical attention. so I had no clue if I was able to help him or not. 

I grabbed a pair of tweezers and tried my hardest to rip the bullet out of his chest. with luck, I was able to dig it out. Rio let out another groan, "I'm sorry I'm sorry, let me just clean this up and we're done." I whispered to him with a small smile knowing he was going to be fine. I pulled out a small container that carried alcohol and took out a rag with my other hand. "this is going to hurt okay?" I asked, and he nodded silently. 

I soaked the rag with the alcohol and dabbed gently over his wound. I watched his reaction, and he didn't seem to be bothered. I dragged the blood off of his chest with the rag, and once I finished I threw it onto the floor. I turned back to Rio to see him already sitting up properly, "wait! I still have to cover it up!" I yelled. he shook his head with a grin, "I'm good ma, don't worry." he assured me. 

"please just let me help, it feels good being able to help for once." I told him as I reached for the kit to grab a bandaid to wrap over his chest. he grabbed my wrist and pulled me closer to him, "Aaliyah, I'm good, trust me. we got something bigger to worry about darlin'." he said softly. I nodded at him and walked over to the breathless body that rested on my hardwood floor. 

there I stood, feeling guilty. I let out a sigh as I rubbed on my face. another person that I could be put in prison for. I was definitely caught in too deep this time. I turned around to the sound of people walking in my home, three men began picking up his body I yelled for them to stop, "where are you taking him?" I asked them. one of the men answered, "I'm afraid that's none of your concern." he said. I shook my head, I wasn't going to take that for an answer, "where are you taking him?" I asked once more.

"somewhere no one can find him, sweetheart." Rio answered with a grin. one of the men already handed him a hoodie so I couldn't see if he was bleeding or not. I sighed in annoyance, "how do I know you're not going to turn those bodies in with my name all over them?" I asked pulling all of my hair to one side, and then pulling my arms to cross. Rio shrugged his shoulders, "you don't," he answered me and took a slight pause, "do you trust me?"

unfortunately, I did trust him. 

I nodded at him, "yes, I do." I answered. Rio shook his head and glanced over his shoulder to look at me, "don't." he suggested.