count me out

AALIYAHS POV.

        what the hell was that supposed to mean? after everything I did, he tells me not to trust him? 

                        .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

                                                *  ONE DAY LATER  *

I stormed out of my silky rose gold sheets as soon as I woke up to harsh bangings on the door. again? "who is it!?" I shouted waiting for an answer. I slowly opened the door to see Rios men standing right behind it. "why are you here?" I asked yet another question. "Rio wants to speak with you." they both said lowly. "great where is he at?" I remarked sarcastically as I turned my head both ways trying to spot Rio. the men shook their heads, "not here." they chuckled. "we can't disclose the location, but he asked for us to bring you there, unharmed." one of them spoke out.

"I'm afraid I'm not leaving my home, so have a good day." I said to him as a false smile wiped across my face. both of the men shook their heads and sent a smile back. a couple of seconds later I found myself being shoved into the car. "so much for me staying home." I mumbled under my breath. "what was that?" the man asked while he put the keys in the ignition. "I said you both are little bitches!" I yelled out. they both laughed, and the driver drove off.

a few minutes later we parked into a parking lot of an abandoned building. the walls were made of brick and the floors were concrete. I observed the building as we walked into a large room. there were a lot of men washing money on one side of the room and the other side more men, but they were sitting on sofas. I spotted Rio in the middle of all the men, and they were all discussing something but I couldn't hear them anyway. the two men grabbed me by my arms and pushed me towards Rio. we immediately made eye contact due to the fact that I was grunting in pain because they were grabbing onto me harshly.

"I told yall not to touch her, didn't I?" he said while pulling me out of their grip. as soon as I was free I turned around and my fist slammed into one of the men's faces, "don't ever touch me again. and consider that a warning." I told him. the men behind us all chuckled and let out o's. I turned back around to see Rio with a small smirk across his lips. "you wanted to talk to me?" I asked while crossing my arms. "yeah follow me." he said while walking off. I stayed right beside him as we walked upstairs. it was a lot neater upstairs, the floors were hardwood and the walls were painted white. there were many rooms that seemed to be where they slept. at the end of the hall there was a much larger room it was most likely Rios room. 

we walked into the room and he immediately shut the door behind us. "I'm sorry about what went down the other day." he said as he stood in front of me with his hands behind his back. "which part are you sorry for? me almost getting raped? putting your life in my hands? or you not telling me where the hell you put the man's body?" I yelled while using my fingers to count down the options. 

"you asked for this alright? don't forget you came begging to be a part of it. you are apart of our crew now, and I should've been there to protect you and I wasn't." I stopped him before he could continue, "if you are sorry then take me home." I said. as much as I wanted to hear him continue, I remembered that I had to turn in my information today, and I couldn't be late. "as I was saying, my crew, earns money after every job. your job for that day was to protect yourself." he said as he pulled his hands from behind his back and revealed a yellow envelope that had my name written on it.

Rio put his hand out, gesturing me to take it. I shook my head slowly as much as I could use it, I couldn't accept the dirty money. it was against the rules. "I can't take it." I said lowly.  "whenever you decide you want to accept the cash, it'll be here. until then you have a new job," he said while tossing the envelope onto his counter. "there are others in the city, who want the throne. my throne. and I can't let that happen, everything I made here, they'll take. my men, my business, and my city. tomorrow night they are coming here to take what they want. so we have to be prepared." he exclaimed.

"I can't, I'm sorry," I replied while taking a breath, "please take me home."  "you don't have a choice this is your job now." he huffed. "I said I cant, Rio." my heart raced I knew I didn't have a choice, but either way I wouldn't show up tomorrow. "yeah and I said you don't have a choice," he pulled car keys from out of his pocket and tossed me them. "meet us here tomorrow at 7." he said.

thank you all for your support! im glad majority of you enjoy reading this book. also thank you for 1.8k reads! i love you all mwuah <3