Day 17: Bigender Pride

Gaystripe: Heck, heck, heck, we're late!

Stagepaw: We've been late for the past, I dunno, ten chapters

Overworked Stagehand: I know that. Just shut up and get him on the stage!

Gaystripe: The graphic... nothing... interviews... we... nothing is ready...

Stagepaw: Fetch him some coffee and some of his cat-hair gel!

The backstage cats scatter, quickly reappearing with the objects that Stagepaw requested. With speed, they offer them to Gaystripe, who sadly drinks the coffee. However, soon enough, he leaps up, snatching the cat-hair gel from them and applying it.

He grabs a nearby mirror and admires himself, giving himself a little nod as if to say he looks good. As the cats in the back get ready, he just looks at himself with a pleased expression. Soon enough, he applies more cat-hair gel, and Stagepaw shoves him a little too harshly.

Gaystripe: HEY! What're you doing?!

Stagepaw: Well, there's a crowd out there, you'd better get going.

Gaystripe: Oh yeah.

The crowd roars with anticipation at hearing voices grow louder. Out in the audience, lights flash brightly and cats are already throwing popcorn with excitement over the day. Nobody is really sure what's going on, as the graphic isn't quite up yet, though Gaystripe prances out anyway.

He does an exaggerated twirl, his tail whisking around in the air as the crowd screams loudly. He then jumps up and bows, beginning to speak over the screaming crowd.

Gaystripe: HELLO EVERYONE and welcome back to 30 DAYS OF PRIDE with me, GAYSTRIPE, your wonderful host!

Audience: YAY!

Gaystripe: Today is DAY SEVENTEEN. Do you know what that is?!

Audience: No, it's your job to tell us

Gaystripe: *rolls his eyes* Right. DAY SEVENTEEN is BIGENDER PRIDE!

At these words, a few cats in the back go crazy, chucking popcorn and various sweet-and-sour candies out around. Everyone looks back and gives them an approving thumbs up, and they scream and jump around even more so than before.

Gaystripe: *offering a thumbs up* Bigender is when someone is two genders! They experience exactly two genders, and these can be anything, ranging from female and male, to non-binary and male, to anything really! 

Gaystripe: However, they only experience two genders. Those who are multigender experience, well, multiple, but those who are bigender experience only two genders.

Cat #1: I don't think I get it :(

Gaystripe: Hmm... well, think of it this way. Let's say you like mice and voles. You don't want to skip out on the mice and the voles, so instead of picking one or the other, you simply have both every day. This is just how it is but with genders, and instead of picking, it's just how one is.

Cat #1 nods with understanding, and the crowd brings up a small cheer.

Gaystripe: Some who are bigender also identify as genderfluid, which we covered yesterday. I think so anyways, my memory's kinda fading at this point. Anyways!

Gaystripe: Someone who is bigender may prefer to be androgynous and change their presentation as to add little feminine or masculine tips to show how they feel. Bigender cats may experience dysphoria because they want their bodies to show two distinct identities.

Gaystripe: This isn't to say that all experience dysphoria, though, as some go through life without feeling it. Though, this isn't a one-way ticket to assume that all are free of such!

The crowd nods, understanding what he means. 

Gaystripe: Some even decide to undergo transitional surgery, though all definitely don't do this. Also, this is important to not get confused with bisexual- someone who is bigender can be any sexuality. As with any other gender identity, it isn't related to the sexuality that someone is.

Gaystripe: Finally, we need to bring in our cat from QueerClan!

Stagepaw: We don't HAVE-

Gaystripe: Hush, child. 

Stagepaw: ??

Nothing happens. A gray-feathered jay flies into the building, causing a mess in the back, as some cats throw popcorn at it. Someone laughs and makes it flutter around, and the bird flies over to Gaystripe.

Gaystripe: Hi there little bird! Anyways, that's gonna be all for today's day of 30 Days of Pride!

Stagepaw: Dude! What was that bird?

The bird seems to wave with its wing before soaring out of the building. Everyone screams, throwing their popcorn up into the air as they appear to have forgotten all about the bird. Though, now they're prepping for the party that is soon to happen.

Gaystripe: Doesn't matter; don't worry about it. ANYWAYS! Thanks for tuning in, have a nice day, and enjoy your Pride Month!

With that, he screams and then leaps into the crowd, who is excited and begins a conga train.